Dark's 52 challenge for 2010. week6 - Present

Curved_by_DanLeach.jpg

A functional and mundane object maybe, but there's some elegant curves there (I hope!)

not a straight line in sight - well thought out (y)
I wonder if it would work with more DOF or was the shallow DOF part of the plan?

Lovely first shot, like the 'cleaness' given by the whites in the shot and the contrast of the four colours in the DOF - works well :)

I like it. Clean, simple and effective :D Oh, not to mention curvy!

doing something with the xbox360 controller was the first idea i had when i saw the theme , then i say this and decided that it was way better that what i would come out with. really like the selective colour.

on a side note , your pad looks as though it needs to be used more :D

doing something with the xbox360 controller was the first idea i had when i saw the theme , then i say this and decided that it was way better that what i would come out with. really like the selective colour.

on a side note , your pad looks as though it needs to be used more :D

This is my least used one and I gave it a scrub down 1st :D

Wow, great image, so simple yet so impresive, I hadn't even thought of something like this, you have set the bar high early on.(y)

I really like this and wish I had thought of it myself :) I see the windows logo in the button reflections, nice use of natural light :clap:

Well spotted on the Windows logo reflections!

Nicely lit,and good use of DOF.
Never seen a 360 pad looking quite so elegant.
Well done (y)

Thanks :) on the lighting front I don't really have any indoor lighting or a flash I could use so it has to be natural light!

I'm actually shocked with this many responses thank you all! :D

Personally I'm not sure about the composition, there seems to be a lot of unused space in the image. Exposure is spot on though!

Nice curvy shot :) Dof works well - if I had to make one change I'd trim some of that space off the right as perhaps Ed alludes to :)

Nice shot i like the brightly colored buttons that stand out very well.

Very good

I like that alot; great lighting and the use of the white background works well, and I quite like the white space myself:)

I like it, very curvy, and the colours and DOF work well. I'm in two minds about the white space... I can't decide if I like it or not...

Week2: Sleep

Sleep_by_DanLeach.jpg

What is more gentle than a wind in summer?
What is more soothing than the pretty hummer
That stays one moment in an open flower,
And buzzes cheerily from bower to bower?
What is more tranquil than a musk-rose blowing
In a green island, far from all men's knowing?
More healthful than the leafiness of dales?
More secret than a nest of nightingales?
More serene than Cordelia's countenance?
More full of visions than a high romance?

Extract from
Sleep and Poetry
By John Keats

Great image, I really like the extract from the poem, I must google that later.

Awww - what a lovely shot! (y) I'd like to see the face or maybe even the whole picture just a bit lighter. Could you have used a reflector without waking him up?

Awww - what a lovely shot! (y) I'd like to see the face or maybe even the whole picture just a bit lighter. Could you have used a reflector without waking him up?

Unfortunately I'm reflectorless! Had a quick fiddle with dodge in photoshop but not much luck, I think due to the high ISO. I agree there are some quite dark areas.

Awwwww that's lovely.

Personally, I quite like the slight darkness of it. It goes well with the theme of sleep.
I'm not sure about the large white area to the RHS though - I think you could afford to crop that to bring more focus onto his face.

But it really is a lovely shot and the poem's a nice accompaniment.

Hello :wave:

Curved, definitely lots of curves there and I'm not a fan of selective colouring (probably because I don't know how do do it :LOL:) but I didn't notice it at first so well done and a great start (y)

Poem, Aaaw, is he/she yours?

Lovely image to go with the poem and I like the contrast in this but I agree with Sarah, there's a little too much white space on the RHS.

Jill

I'm liking both pictures here - week one is clean, simple and well-taken. Week 2, well I cannot say anything bad about a piccie like that can I? I have a request for maybe a bit more colour in the future though - it's dark and dreary winter and we need cheering up!

Arthur

Hello :wave:

Curved, definitely lots of curves there and I'm not a fan of selective colouring (probably because I don't know how do do it :LOL:) but I didn't notice it at first so well done and a great start (y)

Poem, Aaaw, is he/she yours?

Lovely image to go with the poem and I like the contrast in this but I agree with Sarah, there's a little too much white space on the RHS.

Jill

He's my baby cousin :) Think I'm now 'official' family photographer which is nice because nobody usually wants me to take their photo!

I agree some people might not think the composition is spot on with no.2, however I'm a sucker for 'negative space' in compositions, not sure why:)

I'm liking both pictures here - week one is clean, simple and well-taken. Week 2, well I cannot say anything bad about a piccie like that can I? I have a request for maybe a bit more colour in the future though - it's dark and dreary winter and we need cheering up!

Arthur

Thanks :D Don't worry this weeks will put a bit of colour back in to things! Got an idea all ready for tomorrow.

Week 1 Very well done, looks like a professional product shot

Week 2 Lovely combination, maybe just a little too much room on the left although you could have put the poem there.

Week 3 Looks very juicy, my mouths watering just looking at it.

(y)

that is a stunner of a shot -excellent stuff! :clap:

Week 1 Very well done, looks like a professional product shot

Week 2 Lovely combination, maybe just a little too much room on the left although you could have put the poem there.

Week 3 Looks very juicy, my mouths watering just looking at it.

(y)

that is a stunner of a shot -excellent stuff! :clap:

Thanks for the comments.

Foggy, I might just try that for week 2! :D

Back