1st macro pics

Name
Gemma
Edit My Images
Yes
My nice macro lens came today so I took some pics with it, don't think it's a bad crop either!

Snap_061410_0241.jpg

Snap_061410_0240.jpg

Snap_061410_0239.jpg

Snap_061410_0238.jpg

Snap_061410_0237.jpg

Snap_061410_0235.jpg

Snap_061410_0234.jpg

Snap_061410_0233.jpg

Snap_061410_0203.jpg

Some cropped some completely uncropped, PP was very basic, I show in RAW so was just adjusting a few levels and that was it.

Last edited:
Going to give this a cheeky bump as I'd really like some comments/crit whatever here :D

But I dont come empty handed, I have a picture of a.. err.. green bug... :LOL: Not a great one as he was on my window, but a picture nonetheless!

Snap_061510_0246.jpg

You really had no fun at all did you~? Such a boring set of all the same thing ;)

OK, OK. Here are a few of my opinions, treat with contempt if you wish :razz:

#1 looks soft to me and i don't like that bright blob at the top.
#2 I like, though it seems bit bright to me, but that is just taste.
#3 I'm indifferent to, #2 is a much better image to my eye
#4 makes me feel truly ignorant...I'm fascinated as I don't know what it is ;)
#5 is creepy, I think I'd like to see the whole of him in focus
#6 is not quite right, and i can't say why, but
#7 is much better, nice and clear
#8 looks a little soft to me and not clear enough as to focus
#9 is an interesting looking fly, shame he's not in focus
#10 is a great colour and fairly clear, again the focus should be either his head in extreme or the whole of him.

You did ask :thinking:

Thankyou! :D

#1... I didn't even notice the giant obvious blob, how bad is that?! :O

#4 is the head of someone sort of water plant, I think it's a bit like a bulrush but not sure..

Thankyou for comments, gives me a direction to work in! :)

I was annoyed with green bug, not sure if it was due to being on a (ahem.. not very clean!) window or what but I just couldn't seem to get the focus right :(

My 2 penneth, first D90, but what macro lens are we dealing with, I'm presuming something decent?

When I first took macro shots, they exhibited the same problems as here, nearly in focus but not the 'pin sharp' image I was looking for. I solved it by keeping both eyes open as I looked through the eye piece, and gently rocking back and forth on a mono pod, there was a visual 'click into focus', thats the only way I can describe it. Get a rough focus first to give the framing you are looking for, then 'rock away' :LOL:

CJS

PS, I think the light is a bit bright (harsh) as well?

Last edited:
It's a Sigma... 70mm macro thingy majiggy, I think pretty decent :)

That's a good idea, thankyou :D

Yep been very sunny here, doesn't give the best effect does it!

Back