1st night photo

Well that's a pretty strong start! You've got many aspects nailed from the word go. Focusing and framing being the main ones.

Being constructive, the foreground is maybe a bit too bright. It's nice to have detail there and not block shadows (what most of us probably do on our first attempts) but without the stars you wouldn't necessarily assume this is a night shot.

On the subject of stars, personally I prefer either points or full trails rather than somewhere in between. Just my own view though so don't take that as gospel.

Really impressive though, nice work.

Just looked at this again on my phone and it looks less bright. It's possibly just my work monitor making it look brighter than it should.

Well that's a pretty strong start! You've got many aspects nailed from the word go. Focusing and framing being the main ones.

Being constructive, the foreground is maybe a bit too bright. It's nice to have detail there and not block shadows (what most of us probably do on our first attempts) but without the stars you wouldn't necessarily assume this is a night shot.

On the subject of stars, personally I prefer either points or full trails rather than somewhere in between. Just my own view though so don't take that as gospel.

Really impressive though, nice work.

many thanks for the response Graham

Really nice. Did you light the interior of the shed intentionally (and if so how?) or was it already lit?

Really nice. Did you light the interior of the shed intentionally (and if so how?) or was it already lit?

The back of the shed is open so during the shot which took around 3 minutes I walked into the shed lit the interior with a torch with a red filter on it...just for a few seconds

Back