1st proper outing with new camera later today

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
No
Morning everyone,I'm going to a small local horse show this morning to try out my new Sony A7rmk3 with its 24 240 lens (virus permitting)
As I stated in earlier threads I'm a total novice
The show will be outside
I was thinking about using shutter priority with a shutter speed of 1/500 may be?
Is that ok?
Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks
Gary

Morning everyone,I'm going to a small local horse show this morning to try out my new Sony A7rmk3 with its 24 240 lens (virus permitting)
As I stated in earlier threads I'm a total novice
The show will be outside
I was thinking about using shutter priority with a shutter speed of 1/500 may be?
Is that ok?
Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks
Gary

Sounds okay, set auto iso limit quite high, you'll need it with a slower lens. Take a few shots, drop shutter speed when/if you can.

Give it a go. Personally I wouldn't set any iso limit, but just see what you get. You might try 1/250 or even 1/125 because a little subject movement can add life to an image.

Experiment, have fun.

ok here we go
it was a really miserable day on Sunday but had a good outing with our friend and her welsh section B yearling wining a 1st on its first trip out
here's a couple of my cropped efforts that she liked
gaz

Attachments

• this2.jpg
    this2.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 48
  • this1.jpg
    this1.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 45
Another way would be to use manual mode. Set the camera to a shutter of 1/500, your widest aperture and auto Iso. Once you have taken few, have a look and raise or lower you shutter speed if needed.
yes will try this approach next time sir

I like how in THIS2.jpg both the horse & rider/leader both have a simile leg position. Shame about the white sign in This2.jpg. Well done.

Back