1st shot

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been doing a shakedown on a new camera back this morning and was mildy impressed by the first image from this little baby.

It's a Leaf Valeo 17, which is really on the small side of things in the digi back market now. Looks like it's going to be quite good when I get it all set up and running right.

This is a small sample 100% size but slashed to a teeny jpeg
test2.jpg

from this frame, which the software spat out as a 160mb TIFF. :shock:
test2whole.jpg

Wasn't too sure where to put this so sorry if it's in the wrong place mods.

That's a 6x4.5 sensor is it? to turn a medium format camera into a digital?

Some of the bigger backs run 645 sized sensors but the 17 is 43x32mm.

It is a mamiya 645afd fitting though so it is a direct replacement for a film back but this one will live on a Cambo 4x5 machine most of the time as I need to swing and tilt. :whistle2:

dazzajl said:
as I need to swing and tilt.

Keep your personal preferences to yourself ;)

I used to own a Pentax 645, would have loved to have a digital back for that, mind you I think the pc ran on dos in those days so I wouldn't have been able to do anything with the images :)

Is the Cambo for architectural/lanscape stuff or just general studio?

Is the Cambo for architectural/lanscape stuff or just general studio?

About 60% studio with some of the location needing correction. Quite alot of what I do could be done on a MF camera but I like to use the cambo as it means I have all the options covered.

I have used it for landscape but at something like 36 kilos for the kit with tripod it's a complete pig to take treking. Plus while I don't have anything that comes even close to the quality of the Scheider Digitar lenses it uses, I've always thought there is no place for its cooling fan and the beeps it makes on a landscape shoot.

Always loved the Mamiya 645, but I'd love it even more with that digi back.:cool:

I've never actually handled the mamiya 645 but given that the choice of fittings was that, hassy H2, classic hassy or contax 645 it was the logical one to go for.

I'm never going to spend the silly money on a H2, the contax would have been my first choice but alas...... so mamiya it was.

I am looking forwad to a legit excuse to get one on rental and see it how compares to using the canon.

Back