Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
NewLens021-1.jpg

Oliver.jpg

Please comment away as im all new to this

Last edited:
Hi, Richard, first thing I noticed was the colour, they're both very orange. What white balance did you use? I did a quick edit in Lightroom and removed it. It looked better to me. #1 at 1/30 second is quite slow. I'd be looking at minimum of 1/60. Some nice bokeh, though and lovley smile.

#2, Oliver, now something has caught his eye. At 1/50, this is better but it still looks a tad soft. Again a quick edit removed the orange. Nice bokeh again.

With both you upped the ISO to get a faster shutter speed which is a good idea.

Were they taken at night - looks dark outside. Try during the daytime, outside. Natural light is amazing and will really up the quality of your photographs.

Just keep an eye on your composition basics, do a search on Youtube, there's plenty of guidance and that's what it is - you do what you feel works for you, it is, though good to know the basics so you can choose to ignore them when you feel the need.

The 50mm is a cracking, inexpensive lens. I have one.

composition good :clap: Colour cast very bad (y)

Les ;)

Hi, Richard, first thing I noticed was the colour, they're both very orange. What white balance did you use? I did a quick edit in Lightroom and removed it. It looked better to me. #1 at 1/30 second is quite slow. I'd be looking at minimum of 1/60. Some nice bokeh, though and lovley smile.

#2, Oliver, now something has caught his eye. At 1/50, this is better but it still looks a tad soft. Again a quick edit removed the orange. Nice bokeh again.

With both you upped the ISO to get a faster shutter speed which is a good idea.

Were they taken at night - looks dark outside. Try during the daytime, outside. Natural light is amazing and will really up the quality of your photographs.

Just keep an eye on your composition basics, do a search on Youtube, there's plenty of guidance and that's what it is - you do what you feel works for you, it is, though good to know the basics so you can choose to ignore them when you feel the need.

The 50mm is a cracking, inexpensive lens. I have one.

Yes they where taken when it was dark so i will try a few in the daytime. I to noticed that they are a tad orange. You mention you took that away using lightroom. How did/ What did you do??

Its a learning curve but a good one

Very nice Richard, the edits look a whole lot better. :clap:
#1 is the winner for me, lovely smile.
Great lens eh? You'll have a lot of fun with it. :cool:

Very nice mate the edits without the cast are better but depends what you are looking for in my opinion....

Back