• Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

and a tiny one it is at that too.

3300910768_6174fe4a6f_o.jpg

3300914338_1be448b876_o.jpg

3300912516_92aeb88390_o.jpg

3300935792_24e53cf804_o.jpg

Those are fantastic shots - look how hairy it is! You've made it look like an enormous monster!

.................And not the last, no doubt!

Crackin' shots as always mate.:clap:

Ah, Aj season has started. Glad to see you have lost your touch:D;);)

Blimy Alby! Nice to see you are still on form old boy (y)

Crackin detail Alby (y)

Steve

Thanks for looking peps, still not much about in my garden but I will keep looking now and then ;)

Wow. Superb shots. Was on your website yesterday, really enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed it Pippy ;)

Crazy. Even though it's tiny, it still looks like an evil, alien ******* close up.

Good work Alby, amazing details

I like it - such detail!!!

I look forward to many more as the bugs emerge :)

Nice find Alby...juvenile garden spider? Not seen one this year yet but it's been relatively warm here this week so here's hoping more bugs come back out to play soon :)

Found a wolf spider the other week but mostly it's been money spiders I've been seeing recently...and they all look the same to me :LOL:

Woah, that's amazing -- nice one!

lovely shots, shame bout the bit of moss/grass(?) in the foreground. this prob means the house spiders are coming out soon then

Were these with your Sigma 105mm?

Stunning closeup shots. Creepy to think that this live alongside us!

id be surprised with the zoom on them, itll be the mpe 65mm

Fantastic pictures. And you are so brave getting close to it!!!:)

Thanks for looking folks and your comments are always appreciated ;)
Yes you are right fletch it was with the MP-e 65 and the 350d which it seems to be connected to all the time these days. The flash I used is the MT24 ex macro twin lite. The exif data should still be in the images ;)

Hi Alby, is there a thread somewhere showing your setup, in particular diffusing the twinlight flash?.

Thanks
Mitch

Thanks Alby, all i need to do is get my hands on two pop-up flash diffusers :thinking:.

My missus(babytiger is wanting to get macro as good as this with her S3 and Sigma 105 is it a good enough set up or does she need a decent ring flash ect......

I use the panasonic with onboard flash and get pretty decent results so I say yes it's good for up to 1:1 and a cheap way to go larger is a raynox dcr 250 for £30 or so and I think will get you to about 3:1 added to your sigma 105 at full mag.

would the mpe 65mm benefit from using the raynox, or am i not understanding how they work properly?

Yes you can but it's really tough to see and the focal plane is extremely shallow, I did take a few shots a while back but didn't post them of some pollen grains on my christmas cactus.
Not sure if these were the ones with the msn 202 or the dcr 250 clipped on but as you can see no DOF at all :LOL:
3032312813_aa365b8d9f_o.jpg

Love these shots this is the type of image that really excites me.

I'm trying to follow the conversation on what lens set up you used for this but got lost along the way so can I ask the question what lens did you use and where any tubes etc use as well?

Love these shots this is the type of image that really excites me.

I'm trying to follow the conversation on what lens set up you used for this but got lost along the way so can I ask the question what lens did you use and where any tubes etc use as well?

keenbfb, he used the mpe 65mm. it is a dedicated 1/5xmagnification macro lens.(on the right in his pic above) with the mt24 macro flash attachment

alby, that is scarily close and shallow. make a nice guess what it is pic:LOL:

Thanks for the info fletch5 I saw the word mpe 65mm but thought it was abbreviated didn't understand it was the actual name of the lens, expensive lens gusse I'm going to have to stat putting in the overtime.

Back