1st. strobist image

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
No
Here is my first strobist image. What do you think.

Trevor1_zpsc85a64f5.jpg

The sky looks awesome, I'd like to see some more light on the subject though, so you can see the difference between him and the silhouette behind.

Fair enough. I was going for subtle, but maybe its too subtle.

stunning sky but there is a difference between subtle and underexposed. Unfortunately in this case its the latter.

Have to agree here, there still needs to be detail on the surrounding area imho, and it looks like you've either underexposed for the bg or you've left it too late and all the ambient light has gone completely.

Sky looks great though :)

Your subject is too dark but it looks to me like your key light missed the target. The ground behind him looks better lit than the man. Also, is there some haloing going on around his head? If so what have you been up to to create that - did you darken the sky further with an adjustment brush?

There is one flash to camera left and two behind the subject, one of which is creating the halo and the other is lighting the grassy area. The rest of the image is as it came out of the camera. I exposed for the sky and let the flash light the subject. I can see why you think it is too dark, I think the flash was not turned up enough.

Back