Critique 1st Time At Infinity Bridge...

I like both of those, picking "the best" one is difficult - I like the 2nd because of the amount of reflection is a lot more, but I do like the first because of the colours you have coming through and more cloud definition with a better sky.

Nice work Matt

Thanks, Carl (y) I totally agree with you, I love the sky on the 1st one.

I'd taken the 1st one (about 30 actually) then took a look at them and decided the street lights/reflections on the far right hand side were spoiling the shot, so I recomposed and took the rest without the lights in the shot. I totally forgot to crop that out on the 1st shot.

The 2nd one is the better of the two for me, but then again I am a sucker for a reflection. Your right about the street light on the far right definitely distracting in the first

I think you have the timing about right in the second one any later and you are going to have a very dark potentially featureless sky. I think you would do better to shoot a bit wider and then deal with the street lights in post production, or if you are not happy to do that you can dull them down by introducing a bit of black material between them and the camera during the exposure. Keep it moving about though and make sure it's not causing a reflection of its own.

Matt, #2 seals it for me I'm another one that goes for the reflections. Both good shots though and looking forward to seeing some from your next visit.(y)

George.

I like the second one although it feels like there is a little too much empty space at the bottom.

Nice set, well done (y)

Back