1st time at Waddington July2011

Name
Edit My Images
Yes
My very 1st airshow. Lots of sun and some ver nice planes. C+C welcome please.
_DSC6517.jpg

_DSC6420.jpg

_DSC6180.jpg

_DSC6187.jpg

_DSC6404.jpg

USAF 'Thunderbirds' team, F-16's.

Amazing images, well done.

Beautiful set, great images.

very nice - sharp, and well framed.... (2 is upside down though! :LOL:)

reminds me of when we went last year and the Turkish Allstars...........

Excellent! You sure it's your first airshow? ;):D Very well done. :clap:

Kev.

Hey thank you for your comments. It is my 1st airshow..I saw it on here on friday ,so I phoned my wife and she said yes so I went out and bought the tickets from HSBC and went over with my wife and 20 month old son.
He loved it..
some images are really bad as in the sky is white out and the planes are dark. It was a lot of messing about with settings on camera.

Very nice for a first timer, much better than my first airshow pics, mind you that was some 30 odd years ago.

Well done

Very nice for a first timer, much better than my first airshow pics, mind you that was some 30 odd years ago.

Well done
thank you. I would have dreaded to do this 1st time using film..if thats what you was using?

Yes film and a was taken with a Russian Zenith EM (google it for you youngsters) It weighed a ton and was build like a brick.

Still it taught me the basics unlike todays all and dancing DSLR's

Happy memorys and arms like Popeye:LOL:

Yes film and a was taken with a Russian Zenith EM (google it for you youngsters) It weighed a ton and was build like a brick.

Still it taught me the basics unlike todays all and dancing DSLR's

Happy memorys and arms like Popeye:LOL:
Do you still have it? looks a right pot of gold now.

I don't know about a pot of gold, but it was about the weight of a gold bar, or at least felt that way after a days shoting. it has long since gone, px against a Pentax MX, great camera for it's day.

Sold all my old film gear last Jan to purchase a new lens for my Canon. Was sorry to see it go but it's was just gathering dust.

some cracking shots there - nicely composed - see what you mean about the sky though. Airshows are always tricky to sort the lighting out. Especially now they're really busy and you can't move easily to get a decent view and chase the light. Well done. RIAT 16/17th?

some cracking shots there - nicely composed - see what you mean about the sky though. Airshows are always tricky to sort the lighting out. Especially now they're really busy and you can't move easily to get a decent view and chase the light. Well done. RIAT 16/17th?

I can't afford to go :(

Shame you can't go, i am really looking forward to it. Have been a 3 times before and always enjoyed it.

Shame you can't go, i am really looking forward to it. Have been a 3 times before and always enjoyed it.

Hmm might have to sell some things then..Ebay here I come lol. will let you know if I can go lol. I need at least £100 now..fuel,food,tickets and a nice bunch of flowers to the wife and saying wont be long just off to Swindon.:love:

Good luck with the wife!. Mine is off to the Festival of history with my youngest son who's not that bothered about airshows, but i will have my 15 year old with me who loves them.

It's only about an hour and half from me, but is 8 hours of great flying and the light is normally behind you, so not so many problems as Waddington or Duxford.

How about a kidney on e-bay, and you could buy some kit to use with your visit down south. lol

Good luck with the wife!. Mine is off to the Festival of history with my youngest son who's not that bothered about airshows, but i will have my 15 year old with me who loves them.

It's only about an hour and half from me, but is 8 hours of great flying and the light is normally behind you, so not so many problems as Waddington or Duxford.

How about a kidney on e-bay, and you could buy some kit to use with your visit down south. lol
lol knowing my luck , with the Kidney they will ask for the money back.

I can't afford to go :(

I am going to RIAT with my mate and our 2 6 year olds, I have never been to RIAT before even though I have lived quite close for the last 12 years. I used to go to the big lincolnshire/south yorkshire airshows waddington finningley conningsby etc... Even managed to get to mildenhall twice. I started at the age of 9 with a minolta x300 and a 70-210 zeiss. I have now joined the digital revolution and I can't wait, am really looking forward to it. Get selling on eBay and go, by all accounts it is a fantastic day out.

Cracking set of photo's by the way!

Last edited:
I am going to RIAT with my mate and our 2 6 year olds, I have never been to RIAT before even though I have lived quite close for the last 12 years. I used to go to the big lincolnshire/south yorkshire airshows waddington finningley conningsby etc... Even managed to get to mildenhall twice. I started at the age of 9 with a minolta x300 and a 70-210 zeiss. I have now joined the digital revolution and I can't wait, am really looking forward to it. Get selling on eBay and go, by all accounts it is a fantastic day out.

Im selling I'm selling..lol I need to go. After looking at the website all last night I'm itching to go. (now just need a couple of mugs on ebay to buy my items.lol)

Living that close and never been to RIAT, shame on you! :nono:

You will have a great time, it's a brilliant airshow.

Living that close and never been to RIAT, shame on you! :nono:

You will have a great time, it's a brilliant airshow.

I know Doug, it's shameful :bonk: My eldest lad is now old enough to appreciate it (I think) I used to love going to airshows when I was 6 but I am sure I will soon find out if he has the same enthusiasm as I did at that age. I am really looking forward to it. been planning it since March, we are just going on the Saturday, funds unfortunately wouldn't extend to the whole weekend. I think I also need to sell some stuff on eBay lol. I was thinking of going on the Friday to the park and view to have a look, got a free day that day, do you know of any other places to view around the base etc... somebody mentioned to me that a lot of the farmers in the area open up thier fields for park and view.

Im selling I'm selling..lol I need to go. After looking at the website all last night I'm itching to go. (now just need a couple of mugs on ebay to buy my items.lol)

What are you selling Mark? Might be worth you posting some stuff in the classifieds on here.

I know Doug, it's shameful :bonk: My eldest lad is now old enough to appreciate it (I think) I used to love going to airshows when I was 6 but I am sure I will soon find out if he has the same enthusiasm as I did at that age. I am really looking forward to it. been planning it since March, we are just going on the Saturday, funds unfortunately wouldn't extend to the whole weekend. I think I also need to sell some stuff on eBay lol. I was thinking of going on the Friday to the park and view to have a look, got a free day that day, do you know of any other places to view around the base etc... somebody mentioned to me that a lot of the farmers in the area open up thier fields for park and view.

Craig, i'm not sure about the farmers fields, maybee someone more local might be able to help you there, but I wouldnt be surprised if some do.

My son was ten when he went to his first RIAT and loved it, i'm sure he will enjoy it too, but it is a very long day and you need comfy shoes if you walk the entire length of static displays.

I am only going on Sat, like you funds as well as the missus would object if I went Sun as well. I do fancy the idea of the park & view but i'm working all week:thumbsdown:

I'm sure you will enjoy the day, and lets hope for decent weather.

Doug

it is a very long day and you need comfy shoes if you walk the entire length of static displays.

I'm sure you will enjoy the day, and lets hope for decent weather.

Doug

Cheers for the heads up on the comfy shoes Doug, have got everything crossed for decent weather. The last thing we could do with are 2 grumpy and wet 6yr olds. :LOL: I was thinking about getting some ear plugs/defenders for them, I presume it can get very very loud, :thinking: I remember airshows being loud when I was a kid but nobody really bothered with ear protection back then. Did you bother with it with yours? do you think it is necessary?

Craig.

Cheers for the heads up on the comfy shoes Doug, have got everything crossed for decent weather. The last thing we could do with are 2 grumpy and wet 6yr olds. :LOL: I was thinking about getting some ear plugs/defenders for them, I presume it can get very very loud, :thinking: I remember airshows being loud when I was a kid but nobody really bothered with ear protection back then. Did you bother with it with yours? do you think it is necessary?

Craig.

I hope for decent weather as well, I don't want a soggy 40 something either. Some of the stands sell ear defenders, mine son didnt bother (he has 8 fingers:LOL:) The Vulcan is about the loudest one displaying but they all can be a bit loud.

Back