Beginner 1st use of my tripod today

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Never used a tripod before with a digital camera what a difference it makes,

Very happy

Just need a 2ft lens to mount on it now:)

Good to hear, but let us see the result. :)

Dave

Ah yes. . If you are shooting sports/ wildlife you may want to get a monoPod instead /as well, just get a strong one to go with the heavy lens.

I agree a mono pod is a very useful asset

Les

Never used a tripod before with a digital camera what a difference it makes,

Very happy

Just need a 2ft lens to mount on it now:)

Sigma 150-600 C will do the job nicely :p

Soon

The pictures I have seen on here are too good!
Posting your own pics up and asking for advice can be a good way to improve - gives you different ideas to try.
As with everything though - some advice will be good and some not so good - just filter out what you want to take from it.

Posting your own pics up and asking for advice can be a good way to improve - gives you different ideas to try.
As with everything though - some advice will be good and some not so good - just filter out what you want to take from it.
Agree with this.
I recently posted an image up for the first time in about a year , it can be quite daunting putting something you're proud of up for CC, but some of those opinions and pointers you receive can help you improve your technique and make you think about the images you want to produce.

Go for it

Iain

Also photography is subjective and emotive.

i.e. what floats one person's boat may do nothing for another.

Case in point: Went to my local camera club Monday and an image of a cricketer getting bowled out was entered for the second time this year (different judges and competitions).
It was named "And the crowd goes wild" as there were about 10 uninterested members of the public in the crowd, there a joke title.
First judge got the joke and rated it highly for humour, second judge missed the joke completely and marked it down as the ball "wasn't in the right place".

So take any critique with a pinch of salt and don't get disheartened.

Also photography is subjective and emotive.

i.e. what floats one person's boat may do nothing for another.
. . . . . .
First judge got the joke and rated it highly for humour, second judge missed the joke completely and marked it down as the ball "wasn't in the right .

Ah . . camera club judges, dontcha just love 'em, the old dears, some of them can even read too. :)

Ah yes. . If you are shooting sports/ wildlife you may want to get a monoPod instead /as well, just get a strong one to go with the heavy lens.

Or just extend 1 Leg of Tripod and use as a Monopod!!!

Problem is the weight. unless you are lucky enough to own a Carbon Fibre Tripod. Good DSLR and big glass = 6+ kg (almost a Stone in old money) and then you've got to carry the tripod and your camera bag - hmm, have to get down the gym again !

Problem is the weight. unless you are lucky enough to own a Carbon Fibre Tripod. Good DSLR and big glass = 6+ kg (almost a Stone in old money) and then you've got to carry the tripod and your camera bag - hmm, have to get down the gym again !

Not all carbon tripods are light - my Giottos one weighs about the same as the aluminium one it replaced which I gave to my lad.

Well a little update my photos are miles better when useing the tripod

Not sure why I have a vr lens?

Well a little update my photos are miles better when useing the tripod

Not sure why I have a vr lens?
It's all about technique and understanding limitations.

VR lenses aren't a panacea, you still need good technique and to understand the rule of thumb and what 3stops of VR actually means.

And this doesn't apply to you, but it doesn't matter how still your camera is when your subject is moving.

Back