2 big spiders:

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Just put together in this thread the 5 best photos of the 2 huge spiders that were in the garden today amongst the sones and bricks around the rockery area...

They are the Tegenaria gigantea (pale brown and larger) and possibly the Tube web spider.

Anyway, they almost but didn't quite have a face-off...

I wonder who would have won had they battled...?

Tube web first:

Giant house next plus the face-off (almost)...

Paul.

Last edited:
Great shots and braver than me my friend.... I wouldn't get within mile of the little buggers. :)

i hate them! the spiders that is. the pics are excellent! :)

Wow, I'm glad I live up north because I've never seen one of those before. See house spiders all the time but that other one looks a bit dodgy. Good detail on the macro shots. 3 and 4 are my favourites. I love viewing macro photography, but have never given it a go myself.

Love the second pic because you can see its eyes glowing

Kicked a giant house spider down the stairs today - instinct reaction - and i heard it hit every step and scuttle across the wooden floor.

They fill me with fear.

Last edited:
be careful of the spider in the last pic (the black one at the bottom of the picture), it's a Mouse Spider, and it can give a really nasty painful bite.
excellent shots by the way.

Last edited:
even just lookin at these puts the heebie jeebies up me but they are very nice shots and you so brave (y)

Thanks. It was a touch "hair-raising"... being som close to these two big 'uns.

Paul.

Back