2 days in Glencoe

Name
Stuart McGlennon
Edit My Images
No
Finally having got my camera back I managed to get a couple of nights away in Glencoe - alot of images to get through but thought I'd post a few of the ones I've looked at so far.

Couldn't believe the lack of snow up there, this lure of pink, white dawns on Rannoch Moor is simply a ploy to lure noobs like me in I'm sure!

I took a couple of panos as i wanted one for the wall:

Glen Etive by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

Devil's Staircase by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

And a couple of portraits - one simply a spot from the car window, and well the other is what it is but it would have been a shame not to shoot it given the light was really good:

Loch Leven Tree by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr
Well, why not? by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

Glad the camera is back and sorted. I really like the 3rd image and works well in mono as with the last one is great with that bit of light on the mountain side. Looks like a rewarding weekend away.

Some really nice shots. Colouring great.

By the way, Arabia has the snow at the moment, -2*C there. No wonder we havn't got any............:):):)

Great composition and balance in that first pano, and the light is excellent.
Everything came together for you there! - worth the visit.

We'll be up there this time next week so hoping for a bit more snow. Super set of images but I feel #1 is an absolute stunner. I really conveys the landscape and moody weather you can get up there.

well worth the trip if they all like 1 & 2

Glad the camera is back and sorted. I really like the 3rd image and works well in mono as with the last one is great with that bit of light on the mountain side. Looks like a rewarding weekend away.

Some really nice shots. Colouring great.

By the way, Arabia has the snow at the moment, -2*C there. No wonder we havn't got any............:):):)

1st & last for me, very nice :)

Great composition and balance in that first pano, and the light is excellent.
Everything came together for you there! - worth the visit.

No 1 is tops for me. For a noob you're producing some great pictures.

We'll be up there this time next week so hoping for a bit more snow. Super set of images but I feel #1 is an absolute stunner. I really conveys the landscape and moody weather you can get up there.
Thanks everyone, I must admit it was something of a struggle getting these althought it wouldn't appear so, 90% of the time I was there it was pretty dreadful but I guess that's typical highlands weather for you.

A couple more - I probably should have processed this pano first in hindsight:

Rannoch Light by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr
Glen Etive Mood by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

A wonderful set Stuart. I love the 2nd image and the classic falls shot stands out too.

You should've popped in for a cuppa. ;)

Just south of Glasgow. Pressuming you went up the 74 and onto the M8 then up alongside Loch Lomond? I'm not a million miles from Junction 10 of the 74.

Ah right - yeah went that route - those roadworks at Glasgow are something else

Presuming that you mean the Raith Interchange. I miss those as I go onto the M77 then the M8 from here but yeah, I've experinced those works on a motorbike, never again. :runaway:

Really Love No2 and the Second posting of the similar image with the light (Devils Staircase / Rannoch) cracking shots both of them are excellent. The whole set is very nice, I think you had a very productive trip.
Great tones right across the Pano's across the land and sky....
What happened to your camera, did it need a trip to the doctors?

The first one in the second set is a beaut...... If that's all I got all weekend then I would have been chuffed.

Another great set especially the first one and I love the light hitting Buachaille Etive Mor in No 4. Fantastic.

Really like the colour pix.

The black & white doesn't quite stand up with the others.

Really Love No2 and the Second posting of the similar image with the light (Devils Staircase / Rannoch) cracking shots both of them are excellent. The whole set is very nice, I think you had a very productive trip.
Great tones right across the Pano's across the land and sky....
What happened to your camera, did it need a trip to the doctors?

number 1 is stunning

ON FIRE!!! All very nice mate, really like the first shot in your 2nd post, absolutely stunning mate!

The first one in the second set is a beaut...... If that's all I got all weekend then I would have been chuffed.

Another great set especially the first one and I love the light hitting Buachaille Etive Mor in No 4. Fantastic.
Thanks everyone still got a few more to work through

I'll wait until I'm on the desktop to have a look. But judging from what I see on my phone I'm going to like them.

cracking shots big man
is it much of an effort to get to the place on the hills where you took the shots
not got much puff for hard climbing

Love the first of the second set too. Only, only, only thing I would mention is that tiny rock(?) on the bottom right of that shot catches my eye. I am not even sure it is a rock, it is a tiny little rectangle that I would be tempted to crop out. Absolutely love it though.

I'll wait until I'm on the desktop to have a look. But judging from what I see on my phone I'm going to like them.
Cheers yeah the pano's only really work when viewed on a monitor

cracking shots big man
is it much of an effort to get to the place on the hills where you took the shots
not got much puff for hard climbing
Thanks yeah to be honest the walk up that path isn't too bad, a bit of hike but by no means the worst I've ever done. My plan was to do Buachaille Etive Beag (or Stob Dubh) but the weather when I planned to do it put the mockers on it.

Love the first of the second set too. Only, only, only thing I would mention is that tiny rock(?) on the bottom right of that shot catches my eye. I am not even sure it is a rock, it is a tiny little rectangle that I would be tempted to crop out. Absolutely love it though.
Ah cheers for that, never noticed it but yeah I'll tidy that up whatever it is thanks good spot

Was well worth the wait, superb set Stuart. ohh and regarding there being no snow, that's being saved for the Glenceo TP meet in March :D

Was well worth the wait, superb set Stuart. ohh and regarding there being no snow, that's being saved for the Glenceo TP meet in March :D
Thanks yeah I've no doubt it'll be there by then, I always miss the snow one way or another!

All stunning. Where was the first picture taken from?
Thanks the first image was just a few hundred feet up the foot of a mountain overlooking Glen Etive

The first shot in your second post is awesome. Print it really large and proudly hang it in your home, a dark shot like this will need a decent spotlight on it though to really show it off...

A lovely series and an area I never get tired of seeing and brings back great memories of the drive through that area and the A82

Superb shots - think the weather suits the images - gives a lot more atmosphere.

Very nice set. Love the earthy golden tones across the landscape. The splash of light in the second pano, super!

The first shot in your second post is awesome. Print it really large and proudly hang it in your home, a dark shot like this will need a decent spotlight on it though to really show it off...

Amazing shots, would love them on my wall

A lovely series and an area I never get tired of seeing and brings back great memories of the drive through that area and the A82

Superb shots - think the weather suits the images - gives a lot more atmosphere.

Nice work Stuart

Some classy shots there mate, nicely done. 1, 5 and 6 are sublime!
Thanks everyone for the kind comments

Back