2 Film Questions- Fuji Slide Differences & Cross-Provessing B&W films

Edit My Images
Yes
Good day all:wave:!

Was in jessops the other day, and for the first time noticed two different types of fuji velvia for 35mm format: 100 and 100f. I know 100 is the iso, and that the "100f" is the same as just plain "100" but has a finer grain. Fair enough! I was just wondering, is it a massive difference? And are the colors etc any different with these two films?

My second question is this, what possibilities are there for cross-processing B&W films? In particular, C41 b&w film as E6 (a make shift Agfa Scala? :LOL:). Or if I got some agfa scala and got it dev'd as b&w C41 film :shrug: ......I know it would be easyer not to do it this way and just buy some scala off flebay, but I am wanting to have a go at it for "artistic" purposes. Theres a pro lab near me that said theyve never tried it, but would hapilly have a go! -I am just wondering what to expect if I do give them a mass of strange films to develop.

-Oh, and what about standard B&W film (not C41 or Scala) -is that cross-processable? Google wasn't the best of help when I tried to find out:(

Cheers all!(y)

Velvia 100 was intended to be the replacement for Velvia 50 until Fuji gave in to popular demand and re-introduced Velvia 50. I found them to be very similar.

Velvia 100F is slightly less saturated.

That is an interesting question about cross processing a C41 black and white film. Ilford's XP2 would be better than the Kodak version as Kodak's film has an orange backing like normal C41 negatives.

Scala is not processed by Agfa anymore. I think DR5 can do it.

Standard black and white film is not cross processable i.e. in C41 chemicals but DR5 can make black and white slides from it.

Have a look at their website. They do some good stuff: http://www.dr5.com/

Steve.

Back