2 from me

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I have decided to break the myth that surrounds my ownership of a camera, here's 2 from todays Chester Zoo meet.

The weather was awful, but as a first outing with a long prime I don't think they are too bad.

marmoset.jpg

he was taken at ISO 3200 iirc and hand held.

jaguar.jpg

Shame about the fence, but heck......thats the closest shot of a Jaguar I've ever managed to get......so I'm quite happy with that. I think the saturation on his coat could do with a tweak, but not tonight :LOL:

Aye, thats the thing that really annoys me with Chester Zoo

They want people to come in and photograph the animals, the even run a photography competition......but then make the place so unfriendly to photographers.

The new Orang house is awful for shooting the great apes, the the fences around the Jags......could they have made worse? I doubt it......even something like a hawthorn hedge a couple of feet high around the fence line would hide it.....or make the waterfall where they bask in the sun a bit higher!

Aye, thats the thing that really annoys me with Chester Zoo

They want people to come in and photograph the animals, the even run a photography competition......but then make the place so unfriendly to photographers.

The new Orang house is awful for shooting the great apes, the the fences around the Jags......could they have made worse? I doubt it......even something like a hawthorn hedge a couple of feet high around the fence line would hide it.....or make the waterfall where they bask in the sun a bit higher!

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised when we did Whipsnade earlier this year. Last time I went 3 years ago, photography was, well, difficult, but they have improved enclosures and the view into them enormously since then. Full marks, lets hope Chester has some similar ideas

no way df with a camera dam the wife for working..

hope the tests went well with the new beast ..

nice shots by the way .

md(y)

were they takin in auto:shrug: :LOL:

i passed the camera to my assistant......they passed it back with the image on........so thats pretty much full auto :D

ffaint.gif
faint.gif

biggrin.gif

Nice pair there DF
smiley.gif

I have decided to break the myth that surrounds my ownership of a camera, here's 2 from todays Chester Zoo meet.

:eek: ... nearly fell off my office chair when I saw this post DF ... :cautious: ... cannot be true no way ... :thinking:

love the first one mate :) the second is only spoiled by the fence, is a shame they cant disguise it with some foliage or something ?

You never know Ian ... :cautious: ... with a bit more practice he may be able to de-focus it ... :shrug:

Yup .. at one point he even had two! :eek:

Nice one Glo ... (y) ... amazing what you can do in PS these days how much did he pay you ... :naughty:

:p

Thanks for the comments :)

It means a lot to me, I had a bit of a lapse of confidence behind the lens which is why i've not done much for the last year or so.....but i'm determined to try and get some interest back again this year..:)

That little guy in the top photo was playing hide and seek with us, wasn't he? :LOL:

Cathy

Back