2 More HDR

Boddiesbitter

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
I will probably get more negative comments about these but sorry i like them thank you:)
Whalley Abbey
Whalley_Abbey.jpg

Derilect Barn in Yorkshire
Derilect_Barn_Yorkshire.jpg

I like them, though in my eyes they could do with a little interest in the foreground?

too extreme for my tastes, though the first is well done.

it's the haloing on the second that really makes it something I can't like.

however I appreciate the even tones and the work that has gone into both of them.

I like HDR and I like these shots. Think the greens should be toned down a little though.

I agree #1 is ok but #2 is some what over done

Les (y)

I'm sorry but i don't see the point of hdr, and these do absolutely nothing for me. Just my opinion.

I don't mind HDR and I really like the first shot, second is nice too though. It might just be me with a squint head but are they both very slightly tipped to the right?

I'm a big fan of HDR, they both look great although the 2nd one is a really moody shot, (which is also great if it was intentional).. :)

Id like to thank you all for the comments, some do, some dont im one of the like them side, i understand the dont like at all comments, its like ice cream some vanilla some raspberry cheers(y)

I'm sorry but i don't see the point of hdr, and these do absolutely nothing for me. Just my opinion.

How can you not see the point of HDR??? people talk about HDR like it's a club or a special cult of photography that has a distinct look...

It's merely showing you what your eyes could see if you were in the shot. As far as I'm concerned, processing 2 or more photos together to show exposures for highs and lows was a breakthrough for photography and makes any shot at least "more real".

How can you not see the point of HDR??? people talk about HDR like it's a club or a special cult of photography that has a distinct look...

It's merely showing you what your eyes could see if you were in the shot. As far as I'm concerned, processing 2 or more photos together to show exposures for highs and lows was a breakthrough for photography and makes any shot at least "more real".

Can't agree more, well said.HDR has its uses, it can be creative or as said above. SIMPLES....
we keep getting comments on here saying " Not a fan of HDR but i like this one", just laughable.....

My eyes definitely don't see stuff that's normally trotted out as "HDR" (like in the first post). I know what you mean though. HDR unfortunately seems to end up as an over PPed "CGI monstrosity". However if HDR was more often used to simply increase the dynamic range of a Photo, HDR would be hated less, but unfortunately about 95% of it is overdone. A "good HDR" is one that doesn't shout HDR.

Last edited:
My eyes definitely don't stuff that's normally trotted out as "HDR" (like in the first post). I know what you mean though. HDR unfortunately seems to end up as an over PPed "CGI monstrosity". If HDR was more often used to simply increase the dynamic range of a Photo HDR would be hated less, but unfortunately about 95% it's overdone. A "good HDR" is one that doesn't shout HDR.

:clap:(y):clap:(y):wave:

Back