2 police officers

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Just-Jay073-1.jpg

took this in a car show last week!!

just a shame about the alloy in the bottom...

:)

I think you'll find they are not police but PCSO's (wannabe police on the cheap) Wayne

Here's an example :)

highiso1.jpg

This was taken at 1600 ISO, the higher the ISO, the more "noise" it produces, see the amount of speckles on the bedspread?

You'll soon learn to recognise it :)

a ye i can!!

how do i sort that out turn the iso down?

how will i know what iso for what kinda pics??

You will have to set the ISO to something lower from your camera's set-up.

Low ISO - Bright light/daylight

High ISO - Dim light/night time

:)

They look like community support officers to me. I do agree with what betty is saying. Maybe flash would have helped here?

Tony

I feel the pic is very expressive,
The female officer has a look of, "Oh you are so funny" with your " arnt i the big man look"
nice one

I like the way the female is looking at the male. It is a shame about the foot and the elbow as Betty say but I think some fill flash would have helped here as the subjects do look quite dark.

Edit: looking at the EXIF it looks like you did use a high ISO as your shutter speed is very fast at 1/8000. ISO 100 and shutter speed 1/125 with fill flash would probably been good here.

Last edited:
It's a rare shot you've captured in that they're aren't striding towards you telling you that "the law" says they can take your camera because "you can't take pictures of the police".

Good shot, though. The bloke looks constipated with power and the woman looks like she finds the whole thing funny.

Sorry, which alloys ?

JJ.jpg

Oh and you need to clean your sensor note the bit above the PCSO's left arm! (also removed)

EDITED: See 2nd attempt below

Last edited:
cowasaki,

How long did it take you to do that? And, would you mind telling which application (magic wand) did you use for this?

Thanks.

cowasaki,

How long did it take you to do that? And, would you mind telling which application (magic wand) did you use for this?

Thanks.

It actually only took about 5 minutes!

Using CS3 select the 'Clone stamp tool', now this tool basically copies one area to another so we look between the two PCSOs and the scene there will be pretty much the same as the bit that is missing. Move the pointer over the horizon point and press the ALT button which turns the pointer into a pick-up tool which will pick up the background at that point (make sure that the point is far enough away from other things that the space would be about enough. Now click the select button to select the background and then move the pointer over to the area you want to erase - in this case the alloy wheel. Once there paint it out. Clearly you cannot do this in one pass. Around the edges of the body use a hard edged brush then use a soft edged brush around the rest of the area keeping changing the pick-up patch so it is less obvious what you have done. when it gets to the border you can select the rectangle-select tools and select just the interior of the picture then re-select the clone stamp tool and continue upto the edge. As the border is not in the selected area you cannot draw there so it clones straight upto that area and no further. I actually tried to do this last bit free hand so went over part of the border. I managed to put it back by selecting the area of the border and then selecting the paint brush. use the pick-up button again and it will just select the actual colour and pick this up from somewhere else in the border. Then just paint over the area you damaged.

If there is much call for this cloning instruction I will add a how-to with pictures into the relevant section on TP.

If you are interested in Photoshop techniques then here is another I did a few days ago : http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=968491#post968491

Last edited:
wow!

Thank you for the detailed feedback, I wasn't expecting this much (y)

And you say you did all that in 5 minutes :thinking:; I am guessing you are pretty handy with CS3.

Again, thank you for the guideline on this. Much appreciated.

Hello, i think you will find that Police and Community Support Officers are two different jobs specs ! :| Regards Damian.

Oh I do know the difference Damian, one of these jokers came into our studio around feb this year, he claimed to be investigation a burglary in a near bye flat, he asked a load of questions about what we had heard etc, then when I asked what time it had happened he said it was 3 o-clock in the morning. We all burst out laughing, of course our studios always open all night!
Even the local children tell them to F off, and to be honest from what I have seen of them they deserve it! Wayne

Sorry, the missing arm was just not right :)

JJ2.jpg

Remember the camera never lies...

The same cannot be said about Photoshop :)

Oh I do know the difference Damian, one of these jokers came into our studio around feb this year, he claimed to be investigation a burglary in a near bye flat, he asked a load of questions about what we had heard etc, then when I asked what time it had happened he said it was 3 o-clock in the morning. We all burst out laughing, of course our studios always open all night!
Even the local children tell them to F off, and to be honest from what I have seen of them they deserve it! Wayne

Hello, did not mean any offence, just meant they are different. Have to say the PCSO`s around my way are good to see, at least somebody is out there !! :)

They get some stick from some quarters but they are trying their best. Their powers are not as far reaching as police officers unfortunately for them but I suppose that is not really their function. I know quite a few and they are really enthusiastic doing a difficult job.

thanks for all the comments and help, these 2 pcso's were real nice people and wish they were all like this! :)

didnt think that anyone would like this pic!!:D

realy greatfull with all the help!!

Back