2 portraits from today (03/02/11)

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
No
Hello and thanks for taking the time to look.....

Had the day off work today and after checking the forecast yesteday it said that it was going to be a sunny cloudless day :thinking:

Took a trip to the International Bird of Prey Centre in Newent, Gloucestershire and what a fantastic place it is!! will definately be frequenting that place on a regular basis this Summer!!

Here are 2 portraits...not sure what bird it is as there were so many I fail to remember which one is which so an I.D would be greatly appreciated...

300+ more pics to go through and I'll add some of the better ones to this thread.....

C+C welcome.....

NO.1

Raptor1.jpg

NO.2

Raptor2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics Tom and glad you had a nice day. Lovely pose in #1 Tom which really shows that this bird is a hunter. The blown whites though do take my eye away from the birds eye straight away, which is a bit unfortunate. Maybe you can go back to the original file and sort it in PP :shrug: Again in #2maybe just tone the bright area`s down a little.

Looks like you could use a tad more DOF in #2 to get the back of the head sharper, and as already said about the whites. Sound like a place worth putting on my visit list.

thanks for the comments......excuse my ignorance but with regards to PP I'm still learning (lots) I'm using LR3 so how would I just tone down the whites?

Thanks again for the advice (y)

P.S

Ken...I can't recommend the place enough.... check out the excellent website www.icbp.org

Last edited:
Back