2 Quick Snaps from the Park

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning All,

It's been a while since I posted here. A short while back I bought a Nikon 70-200mm from one of the other forum members, yesterday was it's first day out. Here's two photo's I took yesterday afternoon, I must say I was blown away by the image quality.

James

They're lovely shots James of your little one. The strength of the backlight is a little too high to balance, assume ithe sun was high in the sky If you shoot backlit later in the day, when the sun is lower and less intense, you can balance the exposure easier. If you push the exposure as is, you will completely lose the top of his head. Alternatively, try having a tree taking some of the intensity out if possible. All the same, a nice memory captured, and there's nothing more rewarding!

Morning,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Kris. I completely agree with regards to losing his head to the burnt out highlights. I plan on finding some bluebells over the next few weekends and giving this another bash.

James

Morning,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Kris. I completely agree with regards to losing his head to the burnt out highlights. I plan on finding some bluebells over the next few weekends and giving this another bash.

James

You’re welcome. I found the best spot locally here a little late last year following a few leads earlier. You don’t need much if you’re using the longer end of that lens with compression. It’s great fun either way. There’s plenty of bluebell shots of my little one [emoji3] Did the rape fields this year, blossom next....

Last edited:
Agree on the top of head but aside from that they’re lovely shots. That lens is the bees’ knees (and a beast!). I have one too and love it. I want to do bluebell shots too, but have to find somewhere accessible

Back