2 seater MK9 Spitfire upclose and personal

Dino f

Wiiiiilmmmaaaaaaaa
Name
Dean Feltimo
Edit My Images
Yes
Today we had a visit from G-ILDA, prior to it going to auction. The main purpose of the visit was to scatter the ashes of its owner over the airfield. Here are a few pictures.(not the scattering, out of respect)
IMG_0101-copy.jpg

IMG_0119-copy.jpg

IMG_0131-copy.jpg

IMG_0169-copy.jpg

IMG_0172-copy.jpg

IMG_0173-copy.jpg

Dean

IMG_0190-copy.jpg

IMG_0195-copy.jpg

IMG_0203-copy.jpg

IMG_0208-copy.jpg

IMG_0211-copy.jpg

IMG_0221-copy.jpg

IMG_0249-copy.jpg

IMG_0265-copy.jpg

It was a great display, Many thanks to WLAC for their hospitality.
Dean

cracking set of pictures!
(y)

Fantastic. :)

Lovely clean set of shots. I love the flying helmet shot. Different and maybe even appropriate under the circumstances.

Kev.

Man I love spitfires, great set of pictures (y)

If only a photo could capture sound......................... :)

Great pics of one of the great icons of the 20th C.

hmmmmmmmm auction??

Ok...

*** needed.
Euromillions win needed..........

Slightly off topic but it sold for £1,739,500 at Bonhams auction, RAF Museum Hendon yesterday. Buyer was British polar adventurer Steve Brooks.

Superb set (y) Any idea why it was restored as a 2-seater, wasn't it originally a single seat one? I know it was a 2-seater in it's South African days, but I'd have thought if it was being restored then the natural thing to do would be to return it to it's original configuration if it indeed was a single seater to start with :shrug:

The reason will be simple.... money! Selling a ride in a Spitfire will pay the bills for quite some time..

Plus of course the owner will get to fly in her - very rarely do you see the owners of these rare warbirds as the pilots...

Back