2 self portraits

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
2 self portraits of me sat on a bench and walking down a path. Used high dynamic range editing, and a circular polariser to get the deep blue sky. For a photography project with the theme "solitude". Shown here in B+W and colour, just for the sake of it.

C+C appreciated, need to know where I'm going wrong.

2230510405_f719f8bcec.jpg

2231305102_4b3502ebff.jpg

2231304974_4ce105509b.jpg

2231304462_acfb7bc645.jpg

I wouldnt call them portraits because the main focus is more on the landscape than you, but I guess thats quite subjective. Your pose in #2 seems awkward, were you holding that for the camera or actually walking? It looks like the former to me but could simply be the timing - either way I dont think its quite right. the B+W of #1 is very nice, the light sections of the grass really make the picture.

I really like the natural lighting in the first 1. Both cool though, but i agree with Helium_Junkie about they landscape seems the main focus.

I wouldnt call them portraits because the main focus is more on the landscape than you, but I guess thats quite subjective. Your pose in #2 seems awkward, were you holding that for the camera or actually walking? It looks like the former to me but could simply be the timing - either way I dont think its quite right. the B+W of #1 is very nice, the light sections of the grass really make the picture.

Thanks for the C+C. To clear things up, the focal point was intended on being me, but the focus being on the landscape. If that makes sense. the landscape is completely barren of any other humans, so I thought it helped to induce the idea of solitude. I'm on a bench, head in my hands, all alone, an empty field before me.

My pose in 2, I was actually walking. Again, empty path, slumped positioning (maybe why it looks awkward?) shuffling along, solitude?

Basically, these are very slap dash. Needed to get them shot, edited, and printed before 5:30, and I started at 2:30, simply because my first round of shots were regarded as complete crap by my photography teacher.

Again, thanks for the C+C, any other comments you have to make?

HDR eh... Nicely done ;) Top is my fav. The B&Ws are a bit too dark I thin

Back