#2 son - garage portrait

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
I managed to get James to sit still for five minutes this morning as I tried some shots with him sitting on a stool in the garage doorway and using one reflector to enhance the natural light.

C&C welcome as always.

James-1.jpg

Now if I was you I'd be getting that put in a nice frame and hanging it somewhere prominent in the house. I think you've really positioned the subject well. Superb shot :)

Thats a really lovely, sensitive portrait :)

this is so lovely!
I also think you should frame it and hang it somewhere prominent too!!!!
Bravo
xx

Thanks everyone! In case you were wondering here is my nice, clean, tidy 'studio'.

:D

Studio.jpg

The eyes really draw you into the picture, great work.

Like the mock up studio and the assistant in shot.

Might seem an out of place place to ask the question, but how the hell do you get your reflector back in it's bag? I think they were manufactured by the devil!

Might seem an out of place place to ask the question, but how the hell do you get your reflector back in it's bag? I think they were manufactured by the devil!

Aargh! Don't remind me, I had a ten minute fight with it today. In saying that, if you think this is difficult you should try it with a 7'x5' collapsoble backdrop, the air was a tad blue with that one! :D

Really nice portrait Colin - his eyes are stunning!(y)

Very nice Colin. I would never have thought to use bikes as a background!!(y) Let me know how you get them to sit still will you. I have just seen No1 son for 10 mins in total all day!!

great shot, expecially when you see where and how you took it (the 2nd shot). Top notch

I'm surprised at the response this has drawn - thanks very much everyone.

I've included another of James this time with a slightly cleaner background, I've added a little bit of saturation to this one as well.

James-3.jpg

BTW, he's really chuffed that everyone is looking at him "on the Internet" Bless 'im! :LOL: :LOL:

imho

i think these are framed very well.

lighting is great .
focus is spot on..

well done mate and thanks for sharing the info very helpfull..

md(y)

These are great Colin.
Someone suggested yesterday that I use the garage as a studio.... I almost laughed but Im thinking again now!

very nice shot, again :)

Two great portraits, #1 has the edge for me because of the intensity of his gaze and his position within the frame. :clap:

Cathy

These are cracking shots Colin well done (y)

Back