2 takes on an old shack.

Edit My Images
Yes
Two different PS jobs on two shots of an old shack. Hope you like.

DSC_4172.jpg

DSC_4169.jpg

First for me...I like the blur and think it gives a haunting feel, could be a book cover. The second has too much colour on the building for me.

I agree I think the second building colour looks too 'fake'

Like the first though. v.good

Another vote here for the first shot. I like the processing you have used on it - works really well :)

First for me too - almost sepia with a touch of colour - very effective. (y)

yup, first shot for me, should have entered that into the competition!

Thank you for the input. Its hard, I'm never sure if its gonna look anything like it does on MY monitor when you put em out there like that. :shrug:

First one is great - reminds me of something from the Waltons :)

Chris.

Definitely the first

Two good shots Jens ... not normally a fan of the alter-processing style but the first one is real cool ... like it much m8 ... (y) ... not so keen on the second though ... bit too false for my liking ... :p

:p

Both of them work for me, but for different reasons.

The first one look svery nice in the monocrhome color scheme. The building almost blends in to its surroundings, furthering the idea of a lost shed becoming a part of the landscape.

the second looks idyllic, and the red color on the shed compliments the green foliage. It feels like a quaint shed tucked away in the woods.

-monkey

Forbiddenbiker said:
Me like much! very nice both... the first one really does hit the mark.

Can I ask what kind of processing? It works well for the subject eh. Did you blend a blurred layer to produce that effect?

Twas an action in my actions pallete (default or along with one I downloaded) called ""Aged Photo". I converted in Nikon Capture from NEF and did a sepia in capture. Imported to PSCS2 and ran the action. I tend to play and do about 15 versions of photo's I deem half decent and go from there. Thanks for the + feedback.

Back