2 X AH-64 Apaches...very low over Saddleworth!

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Was out walking one of my dogs late this afternoon when I heard the unmistakeable 'Thud-Thud' of a military helicopter.
As the noise got louder and louder I was looking at the hill from where it was coming from and then an Apache appears at 30-50ft off the ground coming right over me!!
Luckily I had my 5D4 and 400 5.6L so managed to get a few shots off! (whilst trying to stop the dog going bananas!)

Attachments

• 182A2080.jpg
    182A2080.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 182A2088.jpg
    182A2088.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 182A2120.jpg
    182A2120.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 182A2104.jpg
    182A2104.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 182A2174.jpg
    182A2174.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 85
Carlo,

I live in Wiltshire on the edge of Salisbury Plain, I’ve a great video of two Apaches coming up out of a valley in front of me and then flying past me and frightening the !!!! out of my two dogs (as per Avatar). Can’t upload it though. Bugger!

They flew over North Manchester, grabbed camera from bag, flew outside just to see them disappearing over Heaton park.
Wrong settings, wrong lens, wrong, wrong wrong! Gutted!

2 Apaches.jpg Flew over North Manchester,

Last edited:
And one over Humberside today, I got about 20 seconds notice, so unfortunately the SS was a bit high as it was left on the settings from another shoot, so didn't get proper blur.

1P1A0182 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Hope you don't mind these added to your thread. If you do, let me know and I'll delete it. :)

Was out walking one of my dogs late this afternoon when I heard the unmistakeable 'Thud-Thud' of a military helicopter.
As the noise got louder and louder I was looking at the hill from where it was coming from and then an Apache appears at 30-50ft off the ground coming right over me!!
Luckily I had my 5D4 and 400 5.6L so managed to get a few shots off! (whilst trying to stop the dog going bananas!)

Glad you had your camera with you! I guess when you are limited to a 400 prime it's not easy to get the frame filled as you might like. Some nice shots there.

I saw those when driving back from Huddersfield, wondered what they were as they were just specs in the distance ,so thanks for posting

Back