2 year old 30d birthday

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I brought my 30d about a month after I joined here and asked the compulsary - What digital camera should I buy question! :LOL:

Odd and not timed, I get too a landmark post as well, all a bit weird.

Just worth mentioning this site and how helpful people on it can be, no names but you all know who you are. A big thanks for the critique which has provided me with a great way to improve. Ask, ask and ask some more.

Just thought I would post a few 30d shots over the 2 years. No matter what anybody said the 30d is a great camera, it took a right soaking at a meet in Cardiff, dried out and is still working to this day. A new body beckons but it will have to go some way to replace what I love!

The lens bug bit pretty quick and it's mazing how quickly you move from a 17-85, which I loved!!!! ... to a range of L glass, filters, tripods, bags, flashes and heaven knows what else.

Anyhow enough of my waffles, here's a few shots over the 2 years .... starting with the oldest first :)

Cardiff Cefn On Park - Still one of my favourite shots
294089733_49a76811b9.jpg

My first entry into a mag comp and came 3rd with this one ...
780861642_27ef9bb70d.jpg

A very memorable trip to Scotland (posted a few times before ;))
404022907_b6f97ffcf2.jpg

Honeymoon last year (Ngorogoro Crater)
1618899091_bcf66e84f1.jpg

Leaping Salmon in the Taff
1955019141_86d5520540.jpg

The Lakes
2742909878_5461864eb0.jpg

Anyhow - You get the ''picture'' if you want to have a further looksee, http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/chewyuk/

I'll end by quoting Mr Twain, why, because, it a bloody great quote :)

''.....Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover....''

Cheers,
Neil

Excellent chap that Twain - my favourite is "I'm all for progress, it's change I hate." Excellent selection of images with #1 being my favourite. You might get a chance to try it again with all the water the trees must be holding at the moment.

Neil - we must sort that beer out! Great set of shots and happy 30D birthday and congrats on 3,000 posts!

Of your selection above it's the lakes and the salmon that do it for me! But they're all stonking images - next time I'm in Bridgend...:)!!

nice set neil.

will be back in wales soon for a meet up i promise... as long as there is no rain:LOL:

md(y)

Really superb set. Inspires me to get out more!

Oooh! If I had to choose it'd be The Lakes - very evocative of the area and the light, shadows and sheer scale you've captured is amazing :)

But they are all compelling.

Had a peek at just one of your Flickr sets - wow :D

These are fabulous - wish I had some half as good in my portfolio.

Wonderful Shots and looks like the 30d had a very good first two years. the leaping salmon is great, as are the others but that is my fav.

Regards

Nigel

All superb shots, it looks the 30d has done you proud.

I have to say i'm in awe of that salmon shot :notworthy:

I know this isn't a vote, but I'm going to buck the trend and have an outside shot at Ngorogoro - but only because I've been there. Superb stuff all round Chewy.

Wow - Bit overwhelmed all. Cheers for all the kind comments. I should put together another return to the Beacons if anyone is up for it....

It does just show that a little bit of time, patience and LIGHT anything can happen :)

The 30d is already enjoying his 3rd year and loooking forward to a brother joining him soon.

Beautiful work, I'm impressed and in awe.

nice set neil.

will be back in wales soon for a meet up i promise... as long as there is no rain:LOL:

md(y)

Do you think you guys would mind if I tagged along - I get bored here in Wales (when I'm not chasing Jets through the valleys) This work is very inspiring :clap:

While they are all excellent shots, the one that caught my attention the most is that little red tree in the forest one. It looks like a little girl playing hide and seek with the photographer! A very surreal and special shot in it's own right.
Looks like you and your 30D are getting along just fine. :)

WOW, Neil! These are absolutely stunning!

Your work has always been good... but these are 1st class.

Just love the Ngorogoro Crater pic, but all great pics.

Do you think you guys would mind if I tagged along - I get bored here in Wales (when I'm not chasing Jets through the valleys) This work is very inspiring :clap:

Not a problem at all - We should think about an Elan Valley Meet. May need car's for that though. or i could think about another Beacons meet.

Thanks for everyone's comments, great to see some variation in favourites.

Cheers,
Neil

Back