20 Renaultsports and a WWII Airfield...

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
A few of us Southern Cliosport members again headed down to Smeatharpe Airfield (home of the 3 Counties Rally) for what must be the 11th or 12th 'event' in the past 4 years. Sadly this looks like being the last due to council pressure (understandably the police have no issue with it, better on private airfields than on the roads)

Some pics anyway, it was a bit damp to say the least, severe hail-storms as you can see from my first pic...

265249633_MDaZp-L.jpg

But in-between the numerous storms that light was fantastic, I took the opportunity to shoot at fast speeds for the first time as the spray was quite interesting to freeze...

265287175_2qxhi-L.jpg

265287548_5h8pA-L.jpg

263782667_47kMG-L.jpg

263800307_WwEQK-L.jpg

263830772_jHvRP-L.jpg

263825939_g3U8v-L.jpg

263808169_pSaor-L.jpg

263825889_D3Bbh-L.jpg

All with the Nikon D50 and Nikon 300mm f4 (second time using it, I love it). Comments welcome, never really shot like this before (I'm usually down near 1/50th) so I would be interested to hear what people think.

Great stuff! I see a lot of these shots and they do not inspire. These shots show the enjoyment despite the awful wet track. Well done! (y)

I like these! I wouldn't even have attempted this as I'd consider the subject not interesting enough - but you have proved it can be interesting if you try and you have definitely succeeded, nice job!

265287548_5h8pA-L.jpg

Ah I know that car! Middleton area, I believe? Didn't one of your boys post on a few forums regarding "an issue," which was thankfully resolved? I'm a member on a 'Ring forum, as well, so I remember it.

263782667_47kMG-L.jpg

Excellent shot! I have this one, and it's one of my favourites. The only thing I'd want different is perhaps a bit more of the bonnet and slightly less at the bottom and right.

Ah I know that car! Middleton area, I believe? Didn't one of your boys post on a few forums regarding "an issue," which was thankfully resolved? I'm a member on a 'Ring forum, as well, so I remember it.

Yep that's correct. So pleased it was sorted, car has been through so much and I've been fortunate to see many of its great moments (too many track days to count!) so it would have been a shame for it to have been lost for good.

Back