2007 -My year that was ....

InaGlo

TPer Emerita
Name
Glo
Edit My Images
Yes
All I can see really of 2007 is that its been a massive learning curve for me. My technical abilities are yet to catch up with my eye, so Im hoping that putting some time into my photography outside of just talking about it, will show some improvements throughout 2008.

Anyway, on with my year that was, and Ill start with the a view from my window, where I sit for my daily doses of TPF, straight out of camera...

January.

Picture270133.jpg

A visit to the Venice masquerade, gave me a chance to parctice street photography &made this month a little more interesting...

February.

Da-Da-Da.jpg

First taste of gig photography with our own Cat Daddy & Skinny Molly...

March.

Skinny-059.jpg

A nails competition at the NEC, theme to be loosely based around James Bond, I went for 'from Russia With Love' and my Cold Spy. I came 2nd....

April.

_Deb-Bond-077jpg-websizecopy.jpg

Taken by yours truly,of yours truly. Camera in one hand, posed with the other.
Shot with my lowly 5mp Canon G5, client used it on the cover of her catalogue, proving its not all about the equipment!

May.

Strips49copyMarch.jpg

My first attempt at processing a landscape!

June.

Copy-of-pics-220-1.jpg

Some new tenants decided to move in next door, the Penn Polecats came to stay a while.
Taken with my nifty fifty.

July.

632-1.jpg

After seeing the incredible shots on here of Antony Gormley's 'Another Place'. I decided to go look for myself and gave my B+W Polarisng filter its first outing.

August.

pics-1080-for-web.jpg

On my quest for a lonely tree, this was the closest I came, this year, so the quest goes on...

September.

Copy-of-pics-992--web.jpg

Competition time again. Theme was 'Geisha' I decided to give it a modern spin and convinced my son's shy girlfriend Heather to step in front of the camera for me, we came 5th.

October.
Copy2ofCopyofpics13542workedon.jpg

Something else Id wanted to see for a while, the Formby reds.
Gave my newly acquired 70-00mm 2.8 its first outing.

November.

pics-1670-pic-of-year-poss.jpg

Well as December's plans to capture the Donna Nook seals didnt come to fruition this year, Ill give you one more from the Formby reds.
Happy New Year to All The Members Of TPF, may 2008 bring us all health, happiness... and better shots.
Oh! and ... BOTTOMS UP!

December.

pics-1692-web1.jpg

I love those nail shots of yours Glo, it's about time we saw some more! Great set and bottoms up to you too!

Nice set Glo (y)
I like Feb because its so colourful in what is usually a grey month
I remember April, I thought it was great then and still do
and May is just great

Looks like you've had a great year there :) Especially like the nail shots, in a bloke kinda way :)

Hehe, I just finished my retrospective for 2007 too. I'm also a big fan of your nail shots, its great to see such great images from something most people would never even consider shooting! Love that Venice Masquerade shot too. Here's to 2008!

Love Febs shot, colours are so nice and warm in what is such a horrid month weather wise. Looks like you have had a fun and productive year though :)

I love your shots; each one seems to have a wow factor but especially the nail shots. The pink nails with the clear crystal ball is stunning, I would love to be that good!:)

I remember your February shot. It was almost perfect for me.........such rich deep colours and contrast. Stunning.

Hard to chose a favorite....the nails pics are stunning and I love the lone Gormley man too. As for that Polecat...awwww!...but I think its that fantastic shot of the Venice masked folk that gets first prize from me. Are you going again next year?

A really great set Glo. The Bond nail shot is my favourite, and December's gave me a laugh :LOL:

Aye, those nail shots really are something else, great work Glo. :)

Glo,
there's not 1 image there that I don't like (y)

The polecat is fantastic, he's got such a cheeky face.

what do you do to the images during PP?
the colours from my 5d aren't that punchy :(
did you shoot them raw, or was the colour set to vivid ?

Thanks for the positive feedback peeps, its muchly appreciated.
I nearly didnt do this because all I can see when I look back over my pictures are my mistakes, and where I could have done better.

I think its that fantastic shot of the Venice masked folk that gets first prize from me. Are you going again next year?
I am indeed going again Carole, counting down the days!
Have a tripod too now, so hoping to capture some sunrise shots too.

what do you do to the images during PP?
I tend to play with the hue/saturation, boosting individual colours as I go.
Actually, I never realised I was so heavy on the colour until I saw them all together!:puke:

Excellent retrospective, April and May are my pick, especially April, that look...cool, slightly arrogant but challenging is quite magnetic.

Excellent Set Gloria, nice to see your style and class in one thread. Your Venice shots always hit the mark for me :clap:... and I really like the tree shot!

I now exactly what you mean about seeing the faults, its a bit of a catch 22 isn't, the more you improve the more you see faults in your work .... cursed forever to demean your own hard work. Lol.

What a cracking set of shots, I have only taken the photography up in the last couple of months but I like the idea of putting together your best shots from each month at the end of the year. Well done again on the excellent photos.:clap:

Glo ... :cautious: ... all I can say is WOWSA ... :eek: ... I know I haven't been around much of late but from what I can see your talent has come on in leaps and bounds ... (y) ... imhgo ... ;)

You have a very well rounded set of super pics to round off your year and you have honoured us by putting them up for us all to be envious of ... :clap: ... :ty:

Loving the Bond girl ... (y)

BTB ... I see the Cat's still having bad hair days ... :D

:p

Fantastic set of pictures, wow i love them all just wish i had the same ability.
regards

Fantastic set, rounding off a fantastic year. Personal faves are the Bond girl and the Venice Masquerade. Stunning. Thanks for sharing these with us all.

Lovely set with the nail pictures and February's Venice Masquerade really standing out.

universal acclaim for Glo's loverly set :)

no need for the :puke: glo, i love the strong colours, it gives a nice warm feeling to them

Stunning shots there I love the Pink Nail shot, beautifully processed.

Alan

Brilliant set Glo, All of them deserve a big (y) :clap:

Rich

Glo, all I can say is that your talents are endless - ALL the pictures are fantastic and I only wish I had half your talent for either photography OR nail enhancements (y)

:ty: for sharing :woot::clap:

Wow, they are all gorgeous!! love the Venice one and nail shots best :)

Lovely pictures, I even like the nail shots and I'm not usually that sort of girl :LOL:

Great set of shots, your landscapes are equally as good as your studio shots.

Love the colours on June and September

I have got to admit, that I like all the nail shots. Having tried taking studio portraits, I know it's not as easy as it looks:)

Back