2009 motorsport photoshopping

i'll start the ball rolling
i dont really know much about photoshop, so these were just experiments. some worked better than others!

1)
abgviperposter.jpg

2)
abgviperconte2.jpg

3)
chad2.jpg

4)
mosler9neon.jpg

5)
vrspostercolours.jpg

I like #4, I did a similar effect with a Mercedes Mclaren F1 car, I'll have to find it and post it up!!

(y)

love #4, #3 works great too.

Would like to know how you done the first and the last Gary.

Been trying to get that look but cant get it right.
Here is a few i have done of the nephew in the past

1 Druids
1druids.jpg

crop.jpg

_DSC0528.jpg

a.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

6 twins :)
Whowillwin.jpg

can i ask what the steps where to do that? i've had a go with the motion blur
filter on CS4, but it didn't come out anywhere as nice as yours.

Sure, i never miss an oppertunity to wax lyrical ;)

original shot was how it looked straight out of the camera (crap I know but hey as long as its sharp itll work fine). ALWAYS SHOOT IN RAW!, allows for more fine tuning without losing detail, adjust the settings for what ever colour settings/sharpness etc that you want zoom tight to the car when using the raw editor to get a better idea of the actual results (i went for quite a heavily saturated look, but each to their own).

Once thats all done save the image at the highest res your able to usually a tiff or png or what ever lossless (quite important so you dont loose detail over the next steps)file type you use.

import into photoshop, paintshop ..etc crop and angle the image to your liking, i just get lucky with this and not everyone agrees, but i like it so thats what i go with (scientific).

now to the bit you really want to know the bluring edits etc... first things first always duplicate the image you have in a new layer, 1. this stops you messing it up 2. its easier to try different things on new layers 3. you can use the transparency options to give some interesting effects. keep the orginal in a locked hidden layer so you dont lose it.

In this example the background was so crap due to my lack of ability i had to create it (its easy), i used the lasso to copy and paste bits of the armco and adjusted it to form a straight line in the middle background, it dosnt have to match perfectly just make sure the bits line up ok.

ok this is the difficult bit, you need to cut the car out of a new layer now i.e seperating the car from the rest of the image its important not to select any of the car at all or ull get smears when bluring the background use the angular selection tool and zoom right in to pixel level and go round the outside of the inc. shadow when uve done that look for areas where the background shows through the car i.e the windscreen, wing props etc and deselect those (or ull have stationary bits etc.) ok press the delete key to remove the car.

you now have just the background, select this without selecting your cut out areas (i.e so you have a car shaped hole not selected). now use the blur tool make sure you have flattend the armco into this layer that you made earlier, when you use the blur tool make sure the direction lines up well with the armco and direction of movement and adjust amount to suit...dont go mental *** too much looks silly too little is a waste of time... all things being well and uve understood this rant so far you should be able to unhide the base layer and have what looks like an incredibly low shutter speed shot.

i pasted in a blured countryside photo i had, behind the armco just to give a little more interest, again same blur direction angle as the background...

thats it, hope you followed that lol sorry if i assume too much or too little photoshop knowledge but its late :)

i did a vague guide that includes similar techniques to this below, (includes multiple examples of photoshop bashing :) lol)
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=152226

its just a rough idea to start experimenting with

Sorry to go on so :nuts:

Last edited:
I would love some comments on these
I did some from Formula Palmer Audi middle of the year
The first one is OK
edited_2009_001.jpg

But the second one I keep going back to
I have used it as a desktop on my PC but I am considering getting it printed up as a large poster, what do you think?
edited_2009_002.jpg

Thanks for looking
Chris

Some Fanatstic Captures Here Like Tracksports

Kirk

A fairly straightforward photoshop, a couple of images and some text added.
Final print was framed and presented to the driver at Championship awards dinner
4147383544_2969ca412f_o.jpg

kelv

Three different styles of MX GIMP processing...

1. Edge processing
A1G_9693_800_edge.jpg

2. 'Zoom' distortion
END_1982_800_distort.jpg

3. Comic book print style
END_1993_800_lich.jpg

Ed

some nice work there Guys,(y)

unfortunately I don’t have any motor sport shots but I did create this pseudo advert for a fiesta in photoshop…

But if you feel its not inkeeping with the thread I'll remove it:thinking:

white800.jpg

Last edited:
That is brilliant ^^^^^:):clap:(y)

Some nice editing there.
May be this year I will try and get my head around the editing part.

Thats nice Kashmire!

Well I don't usually post my own stuff on here i'm still new but I thought this turned out well so here goes...

jenks-showboat-redux-inv-small.jpg

It's original I'll give you that!

Nice shots there Dave.:)(y)

Back