200kb

Edit My Images
Yes
Is there an easy way to reduce the size of your pics to 200kb (the talkphotography limit). All my pics are on Picasa and i like them there there, but they don't allow links to the forum via the URL :(

To post pics on these forums then I will have to upload them to my gallery, but before doing so i must reduce them to the said 200kb, but the only way i can find of doing this is if reduce the image by the amount of pixels or actual size then resave the image and go back to where i've saved the file and click for its properties, sometimes i've reduced way too much and sometimes not enough. This is hugely long winded and was wondering if there was someway i can just say reduce to 200kb and be done with it!?

Help appreciated!

Imageshack is good, I use it for hosting photos.

However, if you are using picasa you can export the photos and it will resize the photos for you if you want it to and then upload them in whichever way you usually do.

You can post/embed a link to a Picasaweb photo. Use the "Link to this photo" option over on the bottom right of the screen in Picasaweb. Then change the thumbnail size to 800px and then copy the URL text to embed into a website. Strip off the cr4p at the beginning and end and you have a URL pointing directly to an 800 pixel image. Here's an example....

20060705_192733_DPP.JPG

Hi tdodd, that's sounds like just the ticket, but i'm having trouble working out exactly which cr4p you refer to, can you show me exactly what you mean to the dumbass that I am!!

And so here comes my test..... thanks for that! Time now to bore everyone with lots of photos!! You're a genius!

Caribbean%20Flamingo4.jpg"

Back