200mm Lens

Name
Will Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,
I have a zenit em 35mm slr and im thinking of getting this size lens. Problem is would i have to use a tripod with it????

Not if you have good light and the lens and film aren't too slow..

What about with 200asa film

Well, what is the max app of the lens and how bright will it be :shrug:

In my original post I suggested 400 film, but I deleted that because there are imponderables.

Maximum aparture is f4, i suppose id just have to get it and try it with 200asa and with 400asa

Maximum aparture is f4, i suppose id just have to get it and try it with 200asa and with 400asa

You'll be fine with an F/4 lens in decent light @ 200, obviously 400 will be twice as useful.

Ever heard of the Sunny-16 Rule?

It says that, in bright sunlight at f/16, the shutter speed you need is typically the reciprocal of the ISO/ASA rating. So with 200 ASA film, 1/200th at f/16 would be an OK exposure in bright sunlight.

There are variants to it depending on the light: f/11 for slight overcast, f/8 for overcast, etc.

Bearing in mind that you'll probably want a 1/200th shutter speed to avoid camera shake (though of course your hands might be more or less shaky than average), this suggests that 200 ASA film would be fine in pretty much any kind of daylight.

Back