200sx

Dan

Edit My Images
Yes
ok after taking some advice about working more on my composition and thinking more about where to take my pictures i have come up with these

these are just a few of the ones i like

goodpic17-1.jpg

goodpic26-1.jpg

goodpic23-1.jpg

goodpic30-1.jpg

goodpic19-1.jpg

as always C + C welcome

#1 i like, but would like a little less sky, and a little more ground below the car
#2 is nice, but i think would be better with the car pointing the other way, or on the right side if pointing left
#3 I think the car is a little lost in this pic, and i found myself looking at the reflections in the windows, maybe a higher point of view would work better
#4 I do like this, but its very noisy under the front plate, however im not keen on the lighter front end, what PP did you do on this?
#5 same as number 1, a little more space under the wheels

I look forward to some more of your work

Hey Dan;

You're using the rule of thirds well, but I can't help but feel you need to get closer in on the action and focus more on the car itself. It's almost like too much attention is on the backdrop rather than the subject.

I'd also say that they're a little dark, I know the one 2nd from last is supposed to be, but the PPing is a little obvious and has brought out some graining.

are you using a tripod? if not, it may be worthwhile. drop the ISO and drop the shutter speed to get some more light in. Then just tweak the contrast slightly to bring the colour of the car out.

I always shoot in RAW when taking car pics so i can tweak the levels afterwards. really handy on a beautiful english summer day (miserable and overcast!)

:) hope some of that helps. it's all about practice.

#1 i like, but would like a little less sky, and a little more ground below the car
#2 is nice, but i think would be better with the car pointing the other way, or on the right side if pointing left
#3 I think the car is a little lost in this pic, and i found myself looking at the reflections in the windows, maybe a higher point of view would work better
#4 I do like this, but its very noisy under the front plate, however im not keen on the lighter front end, what PP did you do on this?
#5 same as number 1, a little more space under the wheels

I look forward to some more of your work
:agree:totally.

with the addition that it would be better if you were standing the other side of the car in #2 and the building travelled away from you into the distance behind the car on your left

i knew the 2nd from bottom would come out grainy, i did ruin the shot slightly i agree

i actually have another 20 odd photos aswell, ones closer to the car, lower, higher etc etc

and when you have PPing you will have to excuse my stupidity what is PPing lol do you mean the progam i edited the pictures in, if thats what you mean they are edited in photoshop cs4 and i probably went a little made with the dodge tool lol

and all shots were taken on a tripod, that is the 1st thing i bought, after the camera of course, i think the terrible weather didnt help me to much lol

and James i with i could shoot in RAW but i only have a S1500 and all it will shoot in is JPEG, probably why i got alot of grain in the 2nd to last picture

here are a few more i took

goodpic13-1.jpg

goodpic27-1.jpg

goodpic28-1.jpg

Hey Dan. Apologies. I assumed that you were using a DSLR camera rather than bridge, no worries. Yeah, by PP I meant Post Processing. don't worry about over-cooking it on the editing, it's the best way to learn what, and what not, to do.

I prefer the last 3 shots, especially the thru-bonnet one (y) would be even better from a really high angle looking down onto the car.

Cracking few shots to start with. well done mate. just get out there and get a few more in when the weather improves :) crappy weather like that doesn't help, I know.

Does your camera have adjustable ISO that you know of?

I think the composure on these are great, but the Camera is the downfall now mate, I feel your Pain, my Fujifilm S9500 lasted a total of about 9 Months before I went to DSLR, it was seriously restrictive and wouldn't let me shoot in the settings I wanted (Weather they were the right ones or not) Manual mode was a bit like Traction Control these days, even when off its still sort of there

Last edited:
Back