2011 A4 Avant Black Edition in Aruba blue

Name
Spencer
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Thought I would upload a few - these were shot using ambient light and speedlights, which really struggle lighting a car... Let me know what you think.

I want to do this again, paying more attention to positioning and framing - as well as ensuring there aren't any unwanted reflections as seen in some (most) of the shots. Lighting is my issue here, but I'm working on making some gobo's - all I have at the moment are snoots which don't really work for this kind of thing as they just give a big glob of light.

ST3_1860ed by OutLore, on Flickr

ST3_1793ed by OutLore, on Flickr

ST3_1760ed by OutLore, on Flickr

ST3_1816ed by OutLore, on Flickr

ST3_1880ed by OutLore, on Flickr

ST3_1774ed by OutLore, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
I like what you've tried to achieve, I particularly like 4 & 5, I think they're spot on. You already know the light is a problem, I think 1 looks pretty terrible, with the front flooded out and fading as it gets to the back, just look at how the wheels look totally different front and rear. I also don't think the composition works in 1 as well is it could have had the car been central between the posts, clone the red bin thing out too. But mainly because that yellow sign totally dominates the picture.

Lovely car and a great effort.

Cheers Paul....

I see what you mean about the sign - it's a bit too yellow. I was at the end of the night, my two voice activated light stands were moaning because it was cold :bonk:, so I kinda rushed that shot. Actually the edit is peices of 3 different shots - I might just have another look at what I've got and see if I can cobble together something better :LOL:

I like what you tried with #1 if you had a slightly tighter crop and painted light around the back doors to shows some gloss it would have been spot on.

The rest are also very good especially #4

I like what you tried with #1 if you had a slightly tighter crop and painted light around the back doors to shows some gloss it would have been spot on.

The rest are also very good especially #4

Cheers John... I might (weather dependant) have a re-shoot of 1.

Thanks

Back