2013 Ford Fiesta Zetec S [Inc. Rig]

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
No
Did a shoot last weekend for a client of a brand new 2013 Fiesta Zetec S, was also a chance to use my new Bowens lights, and my first time properly using the extended boom.

Bit pic heavy.

Lloyd Price's 13' Ford Fiesta ZS by Matthew_Dear, on Flickr

I like the BG on the first four.
The BG on 5 and 6 is a bit dull.
Interior shots i like 14, 13 looks a bit dark.
loving the boom shots.
Fisheye shot makes it look like an Audi TT.
Last one is cool.

Overall the car looks a bit too red, as though you've boosted the saturation of the car or desaturated the backgrounds slightly. Some nice shots though.

My 2 pence.

Last edited:
Nice set- the lights seem to do the job :clap:

One small crit

No14 - car mat could do with a Vacuum :LOL:

Les

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Tim - 5 and 6 I could have moved the car to make a more interesting BG but they were just shot in between the 'main' shots. 13 I felt overwhelmed a bit when too bright but I'll go and have a look as I do agree it seems a bit dark. Fisheye one I thought it looked more like a Micra? :p I have boosted the red, one because it's my style to have a very strong punchy image, and two because well, it is VERY red in real life, and I'd rather it came across as almost too red, than pink.

Very impressive set of images, having just bought a new Titanium, your shots are better than the ones in the Ford Brochure!

Well composed, rigged and lit shots. Can't fault them.

Just a shame about the subject...

Too many to crit, but I like the initial few with the background. The interior shots are good too! I don't like the half and half shots especially with the background. Nice rig shots as usual! I must admit I'm not sure on the new grill on these fiestas!

No. 3 might be my favourite too Arron, the small spoiler means it's lost in a lot of shots and the shape of the car becomes a bit more... mundane.

Adam, it's grown on me massively, went from hating it to thinking it's a massive improvement.

Jake, I appreciate too many to crit. The new front end looks much more focused in my opinion.

No. 2 is my favourite but what a gorgeous looking it is. Be better in a different colour though :p

nice rig shots, i like the first one and numbers 1-4 are well composed shots with good backgrounds that work well with the car but don't distract. Some messy backgrounds in the others and nearly all of them the car colour is saturated, you can see the break up and it makes the colour look blocked unfortunately. Its very tempting to pull it just that bit too far in PP but if you want vivid colour contrast try and do it in the camera.

For me 5,6,7,8,9 are nice shots but not on par with the early shots in the series and the rig shots which are top draw. I think its just the BG that lets down the middle shots not the style of shot or compostion.

Nice work.

Tommy, I'm not sure where you are seeing colour blocking, I can't see any myself, I checked them over before release to make sure. The red is boosted quite a bit as said, it's part of my style, punchy colours.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, got two shoots to put up that I did last weekend, will get one up now :)

Back