2013 from the cheap seats

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

2013 marked a gear upgrade for me, going full frame brought some new challenges on top of the usual acclimatisation. I'm generally pretty happy with my year on year improvement - hopefully some of you will agree :)

Again a massive shout to the community, particularly in the motorsport section - a great bunch of people with really generous attitudes when it comes to helping noobs like me :) There's truly great talent in these rooms, with Toms recent achievement being the latest in a long line of confirmations, Congratulations again. Thanks to everyone who's ever taken time to help me or give me some feedback I really appreciate it.

While I cant really hope to match the exacting standards on show, I will just aim to improve my own abilities :)

Here goes... all from the speccy areas apart from #2 (lucky pit shot)

1. First time out - BGT Oulton

888Optimum BMW Z4
by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

2. Moving on to the WEC at Silverstone

3. Alice Powell - BRDC F4 Silverstone (but this is F3)

4.Timo Glock - DTM Brands Hatch

5. Blancpain at Silverstone

6....a bit more Blancpain

Palttala/Catsburg/Moser - Marc VDS Racing Team

Last edited:
7. Perez - British Grand Prix

Perez

8. Young driver test - Kvyat (before)

Daniil Kvyat

9. Young driver test - Kvyat (after)

Daniil Kvyat

10. Driver of the year?

Sebastian Vettel - 4 Times World Champion

11. Bikes? - The New BSB Champion

Alex Lowes

12. More Bikes?

Jules Danilo - bsb 2013 - 2013 Monster Energy British Motostar Championship

A cracking season matey!

Hope you've enjoyed it. Now is the time to think about the good and the bad to make plans for 2014 8)

Nice shoots Jonathan, like Timo Glock photo and the Young drivers tests especially Kvyat and Vettel shoots.

Thanks very much, your shots are always a good source of inspiration to me, along with Andy's, Gary's and quite a few others. It means a lot that you guys take the time to feedback on others work, so cheers again hopefully see some of you around in 2014

Really nice selection. I especially like #5 with the heat haze and #13 for the composition. #1 is also pretty crazy too. I like that! :D

Really liked your selection from the YDT as well. Love the Kvyat shots.

8 and 13 for me!
Thanks for sharing

Cheers for taking the time to look and comment :)

Really nice selection. I especially like #5 with the heat haze and #13 for the composition. #1 is also pretty crazy too. I like that! :D

Really liked your selection from the YDT as well. Love the Kvyat shots.

Cheers George, means a lot. No doubt I will try and draw some inspiration from your style again this year ;)

Looks like you had agreat year Jonathon, 8 & 9 for me bud. looking forward to seeing your stuff from next year
Thanks again Graham, I'd like to try the bikes a few more times this year - a completely different approach than for cars :)

Very nice mate #8 #10 #11 #12 for me
Thanks mate :) judging by your favorites I got better towards the end of the year ;)

Great series, especially considering they were shot from the spectator area. My fave is #13
Thanks very much Richard, I (like the majority) always wanted to be the other side of the fence but I'm starting to realize that it involves more stress and creative restriction than I'm willing to accept :) so if I can get to the stage where people like my images and occasionally mistake them for being professional, I'll enjoy playing the "yea and I was behind the fence" card XD

Cheers Steve :) shame there's not much of a market for prints of crash happy Russian Torro Rosso Drivers... not that Bernie would let me anyway :D

Back