2013 - the BLZ view

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
Have to say, not sitting here feeling the love from 2013. Definitely a meh season but that only means we're gonna do things a little different in 2014!

Anyhow, this is how it shook down:

#1 It started with a cold old BSB pre-season test... so cold they didn't actually manage to test.

BLZ_wm_dsc_2650.jpg

#2 BTCC came to Brands but I wasn't really digging it this season, this was my first and last BTCC round this year:

BLZ_wm_dsc_3302.jpg

#3 Much like young Alex, I was happier with being back at BSB round #1 :

BLZ_wm_ak3_4102.jpg

#4 BSB Thruxton, not everyone seemed to be having fun, but I was!

BLZ_wm_ak3_5159.jpg

#5 Guy Martin's tow truck made a rare appearance - rare in that it was a BTRA round in the sunshine - something I'd never seen before!

BLZ_wm_ak3_5555.jpg

#6 What turned out to be the final UK DTM round - I'm still gutted about this

BLZ_wm_ak3_6292.jpg

More coming up!

#7 The very first Brands Hatch American Speed Fest - this event was so cool, we had sooo much fun:

BLZ_wm_ak3_8357.jpg

#8 BSB at Snet, as usual a total thermonuclear hell that played havoc with long glass. Best to hide under a brolly:

BLZ_wm_ak3_8883.jpg

#9 BSB back on Brands GP, also hotter than hell:

BLZ_wm_ak3_0362.jpg

#10 British GT at Brands - best year yet I've seen for BGT:

BLZ_wm_ak3_0929.jpg

#11 BSB at Cadwell - nearly always my favourite round, sunlight and shadows are just gorgeous:

CAD_BSB_AK_130826-607.jpg

#12 BSB Donny, a taste of things to come:

BLZ_wm_ak3_3388.jpg

Final part in a second...

#13 BSB Assen - I love Assen to bits, however both times for BSB its delivered championship changing incidents :-/ One bloke was alright tho:

ASN_BSB_AK_130921-139.jpg

#14 BSB Sillystone - after his high speed shunt at Assen Shakey was battered, then battered again in free practice. I will never forget him being physically hauled onto his bike for quali - the pain on his face!

SIL_BSB_AK_131005-345.jpg

And there are some more bits which I haven't got handy to post up :D

Anyway, that was 2013, see you in 2014!

Absolutely stunning Andy cant pick a favourite but if you twisted my arm would be the Cadwell one, always a pleasure to see your images and well done on the BSB 2nd place shot at Cadwell another stunner, hope to see more in 2014 cant wait. Best Wishes Paul and Sharon.

All very good but 11 by a mile from that lot.

Was just watching Guy Martin's new series last night and you've bagged his truck:p

Cheers guys, it was more a catalogue of 2013 rather than my best shots of 2013, but I will say I think #11 is my fave of the year - not exciting enough for the general population to be MSV POTY though :D

Just realised there's one major event missing...

BSB finale at Brands GP. I've not put any up from this on here... this was a bit of a bitch in several frustrating ways. First of all, what should have been a fantastic contest between two equally likeable potential champs turned into a bit of a joke, especially as it was finally decided by the most bizarre rule I've never seen in the rulebook! Secondly, and linked to the first, it rained - this was the first wet race of the entire season! My camera bizarrely ingested water in some critical way which first manifested itself as a hair trigger, then went on to just continually shooting whenever it was turned on. It did this with about 4 laps to go.... and carried on all the way through the celebrations. Awesome.

I was rather less than happy to end my season like that :-/

Anyway, to finish off, two from Brands finale

#15 A rare bright sunny moment!

1832-1388484224-2d5e21ecc2f7935ecdc4681f4856b238.jpg

#16 A full on dark as fek moment!

1833-1388484227-66534720895552944960385c777556d4.jpg

Cheers guys (y)

The other thing of note from 2013 I forgot to mention was the BLZBOX. Our first season with it had some good results and the design is still being tweaked for 2014. There are some definite limitations with what is even technically possible, but the BLZ Design Bureau have eliminated more issues than anyone else in this field :D

Another bunch of great shots, superb work. 1 question: what's a BLZBOX? (sorry if I've missed it somewhere, I haven't really been on here much lately).

Thanks guys!

Wull - we miss you and Alex too actually. Watching him chew up an ex-motoGP rider is always one of my fave memories :D

Scott- ahhhh its our home grown pocket-sized gadget which allows us to process and transmit selected newsworthy images live from the trackside direct to social media and our customers.

Cracking set Andy Hopefully get to a BSB this year

I keep looking out for you nick even if you aren't there... Would be good to see you again matey

Cheers Steve. I doubt if a BMW will change things either!

Comrade ,if I am honest and sorry if I buck the trend of eulogisation ,I have seen better from you in previous years ,and although these are good ,only a few grab me ,1,4 and 9 for me .

No problem, only some of them grab me too :)

Back