2015 Photo52 Challenge : WEEK 52 we finally made it and its "Christmas" into the bargain

Ah, so now you see my dilemma

One definition I found was : "consisting of, containing, or resembling water" So, water itself may not be eligible!!!!!!! Now you cold argue that the sea has water .. and salt and minerals etc and so just about fits the statement "contains water" but hard call to make.. oh well more sleepless nights ahead.:help:

Surely though, "consisting of" makes water the one thing that is 100% eligible. :)

My first thought was water, but when I thought about it I didn't think water could be watery. Going to be an interesting one this week. [emoji1]

Google says :
"consisting of, containing, or resembling water.
"a watery fluid"
synonyms:liquid, fluid, liquefied;"

Are we over thinking this?
:D

Struggling with this one. My thoughts keep returning to Monty Python's Dennis the Constitutional Peasant.
However, I can't convince my mrs to lie in a pond and lob a scimitar at me...

Ah, so now you see my dilemma

One definition I found was : "consisting of, containing, or resembling water" So, water itself may not be eligible!!!!!!! Now you cold argue that the sea has water .. and salt and minerals etc and so just about fits the statement "contains water" but hard call to make.. oh well more sleepless nights ahead.:help:
Funnily enough water actually does consist of, contains, and resembles water so I recon is well within theme ;)

Last edited:
Funnily enough water actually does consist of, contains, and resembles water so I recon is well within theme ;)

Don't totally agree, but if thats everyone opinion and it makes the theme easier... I will agree water is watery

Water consists of hydrogen and oxygen, these 2 then make water....
Water is water so i cant resemble water - "have a similar appearance to or qualities in common with"

Last edited:
So we need clarification on this theme please @SarahLee Are we going to say that we can't take photos of water?

You can take photos of anything that you want to :D

If I was playing this year, I'd definitely include water in the list of possibilities for this week.
Although I'd also enjoy looking at different interpretations to try to stretch my imagination and get me to try something new.

Remember this is a personal challenge, so you're not being judged and I don't even make up the themes. A lot of the themes in the bag have been suggested by other 52ers over the years.
So it's all about how you choose to interpret it.

The purpose of the themes is only to give you a starting point to spark an idea and get you out with the camera. How far you want to take that and how far you deviate from the literal interpretation of the theme is irrelevant really, as long as you go and get a shot that means something to you, you have fun doing it and hopefully learn something along the way.

If you fancy doing something less obvious, or you choose to interpret the definition in a way that excludes water then no reason not to do something else - but it doesn't mean that you can't go with the simplest definition either.

Last edited:
You can take photos of anything that you want to :D

If I was playing this year, I'd definitely include water in the list of possibilities for this week.
Although I'd also enjoy looking at different interpretations to try to stretch my imagination and get me to try something new.

Remember this is a personal challenge, so you're not being judged and I don't even make up the themes. A lot of the themes in the bag have been suggested by other 52ers over the years.
So it's all about how you choose to interpret it.

The purpose of the themes is only to give you a starting point to spark an idea and get you out with the camera. How far you want to take that and how far you deviate from the literal interpretation of the theme is irrelevant really, as long as you go and get a shot that means something to you, you have fun doing it and hopefully learn something along the way.

If you fancy doing something less obvious, or you choose to interpret the definition in a way that excludes water then no reason not to do something else - but it doesn't mean that you can't go with the simplest definition either.

IMO it's up to us all to interpret the theme how we see fit. Water as a subject is suitable, as are more lateral interpretations.

Cheers.
Thanks for clearing that up folks. I just need to find the time to take the shot I have in mind now :)

Don't totally agree, but if thats everyone opinion and it makes the theme easier... I will agree water is watery

Water is water so i cant resemble water - "have a similar appearance to or qualities in common with"
Smartarse :p

I just thought, I still haven't done elegant. To be fair though I've had a lot of work this week and apart from judo on Wednesday night I haven't been able to move in the evenings :sorry:

I had a great idea for a macro shot, splitting an atom, and taking a picture of the result.
But I kinda ran into a bit of an issue with that :D

Last edited:
Can't....resist......but.......is...............it...............Friday.........yet...........................:muted: :muted:
FFS! go and take some pictures or something! :p

Hey guys was wondering if anyone could help. I've been adding my shots to a list in my first post and linking to them, now when i first do this it works and goes to the relevant post but when i go back maybe a day or so later the links will not take you to the relevant post only to the page that they are on, I just be doing something wrong but haven't a clue what, can anyone point me in the right direction. Thx

A link will only go to the page, so if its a new post on a new page thats what you will see.
As the posts or replies get added to, the page gets longer.
if you want to link to a specific post, click the number of that post, in the bottom right hand corner.
ie 717 in this instance, and then copy and paste the TOP URL in the normal way.

A link will only go to the page, so if its a new post on a new page thats what you will see.
As the posts or replies get added to, the page gets longer.
if you want to link to a specific post, click the number of that post, in the bottom right hand corner.
ie 717 in this instance, and then copy and paste the TOP URL in the normal way.

Thanks cobra

Just a note to encourage anyone new that "There Are No Rules!!". Seriously, the purpose of doing this challenge is unique for each of us so if posting on time is something you want to prove to yourself then by all means make it you own rule. Conversely, you may want to prove (again, to yourself) that you can stick rigidly to each theme... Again, if that's what you want to set for yourself then it's entirely your perogative and you're right to do that (or not).

For me it's a different kind of personal challenge - I want to get myself out of my comfort zone as frequently as possible. Sometimes my shots will be weaker as a result but that's the point - to be seeing and trying to capture images I wouldn't, if it weren't for this challenge.

We're all different and our challenges will be different. That's cool! The only person you need to seek permission from about how to do this ... Is yourself!

Back