2015 Wyedean Rally

Name
Az
Edit My Images
No
Been about 3 months since I swung a camera around... so great to get back out there! I enjoy the Wyedean Rally, usually a big field of varied cars and some nice stages. However I have found it difficult to find any really decent corners or scenic views though. Saw plenty of commitment and even had to drop the camera and push a few cars out... all in a days rallying!

Here's 6 random shots... taken with either a 70D or 1D2N.

#1 Using a 300mm prime wasn't really the right tool for the job!
Wyedean_Rally_14-02-2015_AE_028.jpg

#2 Properly backing it in!
Wyedean_Rally_14-02-2015_AE_058.jpg

#3 Got a bit splattered at times!
Wyedean_Rally_14-02-2015_AE_069.jpg

#4 Loved this. Reminded me of my Sega Rally days lol
Wyedean_Rally_14-02-2015_AE_101.jpg

#5 Filling the frame with Corsa
Wyedean_Rally_14-02-2015_AE_149.jpg

#6 Overall a splashing day (see what I did there - brilliant. Not)
Wyedean_Rally_14-02-2015_AE_210.jpg

Few more shots are in a gallery here if you wish to look - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/albums/14-02-2015-wyedean-rally-photos/

Look forward to seeing photos from others. I'm sure there must've been a few of you from the forum on the stages.

Cheers
Az

Some great shots. I'm dying to get back out to some motorsport events but don't see many events publicised over the winter.

Really like the shots of the focus & the corsa. The framing & focus on them is great!

Cheers. Haha I had a 120-300 but sold it only a few months ago... do miss it's flexibility, no doubt about it! The 300 2.8 II is lighter though and I only have weak little arms haha.

Thanks the Stratos shot is possibly my favourite actually. The shot isn't that "special" or "spectacular" but what an awesome car - first time I've seen one in the flesh. Previously only on Sega Rally haha.

I forgot how annoying the washed out windscreens can be. Had nperfect light for about 5 minutes all day. Never mind.

Back