2016 is here! Few shots from an afternoon at the F1 testing, Barcelona, 3rd March 2016 (as a punter)

Name
Az
Edit My Images
No
Hey all... it's been a while! Pretty quiet on these forums at the moment, hopefully we'll come out of hibernation now the new season has arrived!

Spent a few days in Barca last week and popped to the circuit to watch an afternoon for F1 testing. Glorious weather. Thought I'd share a few shots I managed to get, taken with 70D and 100-400 or 1DX and 24-70. All from spectator areas. Apologies for the size and also watermark, it's my standard batch process.

#1 Pannage (like the sun star)
F1_Testing_Barcelona_03-03-16_AE_008.jpg

#2 There is a car in there somewhere - just very small!
F1_Testing_Barcelona_03-03-16_AE_015.jpg

#3 Almost looks like a racing shot this :)
F1_Testing_Barcelona_03-03-16_AE_030.jpg

#4 Kerbage
F1_Testing_Barcelona_03-03-16_AE_038.jpg

#5 1/125sec @ 400mm
F1_Testing_Barcelona_03-03-16_AE_039.jpg

#6 Silly pannage 1/10sec
F1_Testing_Barcelona_03-03-16_AE_046.jpg

Last edited:
#7 More silly blurriness
F1_Testing_Barcelona_03-03-16_AE_050.jpg

#8 Close up with Kimi
F1_Testing_Barcelona_03-03-16_AE_072.jpg

#9 Gravel trap
F1_Testing_Barcelona_03-03-16_AE_095.jpg

#10 Love the light on this one
F1_Testing_Barcelona_03-03-16_AE_096.jpg

#11 1/10 blurring from the main grandstand. Not sure this works?
F1_Testing_Barcelona_03-03-16_AE_098.jpg

#12 Pitstop practice
F1_Testing_Barcelona_03-03-16_AE_113.jpg

Opinions always welcome! I made a page with a few more shots here - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/albums/03-03-2016-f1-testing-barcelona-photos/ - all taken between 2pm and 5.30pm.

Tried to wander around the last section as much as possible for some variety. Thought viewing was excellent, should think would be good atmosphere with a big crowd!

Cheers for looking.

Az

Superb set of shots and very nice colours / vibrance

Can't wait for the season to start - hoping C4 coverage is good ...

Good set, l like 11, good panning, just the grandstand roof on the top right which is a little distracting.

Superb set of shots and very nice colours / vibrance

Can't wait for the season to start - hoping C4 coverage is good ...
Thank you! Yeh also interested to see how the C4 coverage pans out. I'm not sure who is presenting or commentating etc yet... all I know is DC will be on it. Hope they retain Ben Edwards and also try to do a few new things, maybe integrate social media during a race or something to spice up the coverage... I think there's opportunity to do that!

Good set, l like 11, good panning, just the grandstand roof on the top right which is a little distracting.
Thanks Paul. I think you're right. I like the shot, but something isn't quite right. Definitely would be better with a full crowd there that's for sure! :)

Nice work Az, my favourites are #1 & #10 but the wide pans work very well too, only shot Im not a fan of is #8

1 is a wall hanger Az
Thanks mate, glad you approve. I think that little sun star reflection really helps! Must say it was good fun shooting behind/over the fence, freedom to wander around, no pressures, try to shoot with a bit of variety. New circuit for me also helps too as you don't know what to expect. Would have liked to spend more than a couple of hours there though, liked to have seen the whole circuit and try for more angles etc.

Nice pictures. i particularly like number 10, classic shot!
Thanks! My first visit to Barcelona, hope to be able to go back again some time. #10 is just after exit of the last corner, the late afternoon sunlight was a treat!

Great set, but you have a watermark on your lens :D
Great shots but whats with the huge watermark?! :)
Cheers. I know, I know. It looks rubbish :-D (it's kind of the point though, to protect the image hopefully without completely ruining it for viewing. I don't think the balance is too bad.)

Great set of photos, and several angles that the accredited photographers won't/don't get.

Sorry but the watermark totally ruined this set for me,

Geoff

That ^^^^ :shrug:

Some nice pix lurking under there though :)

A nice set of images but I would say that image #2 is a bit of a 'nothing' shot however, my favorite was #1 and it was well panned too.

Back