20D -v- 30D comparisons please.

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
Looking for feedback from people who have used both of these bodies please - we are considering the purchase of a 20D as a second body for use between Ben & I. Originally we were thinking about going for a 10D, but after speaking with my friend Steve on Thursday night he advised looking at the 20D instead, as there's not a vast difference in the money they go for.

What I'm really looking for is a summary of what you have found to be the biggest differences between them, notably if there is anything that you "don't like" on the 20D, having subsequently used the 30.

Cheers! :)

I've sure you've seen this - it's a good breakdown. I've not owned the 30D, but I can say that choosing the 20D over the 10D is the right move. Much nicer feeling camera, quicker to start up, larger, less noisy sensor. And about £50 more. I have it as a back-up to my 5D (y)

Excellent link there - thanks! The noise issue is a biggie for me - I want the additional body to be more of less interchangeable with the 30D really, so that if I need to use it for speedway stuff I can.

Can anyoine tell me - is there much if any difference between the noise-handling on the 20D against the 30D?

Spot metering doesn't worry me at all - I so rarely use it it's not an issue to have a second body without it. The LCD size does bother me a bit I have to admit - it was an absolute joy to change from the old D30 to the 30D and suddenly have this massive screen that was a pleasure to use! Again though, I have to consider whether it's really that important in the scheme of things - we'd pay a good £100 more for a decent condition 30D I'm guessing. :-/

Back