2300+ Images. making contact sheets to be bound. Advice please :)

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone - I'm in a bit of a pickle and could use some advice.

I have to hand in my final degree work in about a months time, I have about 2300+ images I would like to get printed up on A4 contact sheets, only small thumbnails. Justs as proof that I'm not a completely lazy student who never does anything...

I thought it could be nice to get it all bound into a book? would be more presentable that way.

Now I will of course have to resize all the images, because 50GB would take a lot of pointless sending, and Virgin would hate me (and we don't want that... :naughty:) - However I'm not sure what would be a better file size, any advice on that?

Also, I cant just send thousands of files to a lab and say "print these please", I assume they need to be layed out first? Its going to take days to arrange 3k images, and I dont have time for that - is there a way to organise and save contact sheets to be sent for printing?

In a nutshell I guess I am asking:

* What size should I make the images?
* How do I easily arrange contact sheets?

Sorry for all the questions - but I've never actaully got anything printed properly before.

Any advice would be really appreciated (y)

Rob.

lightroom makes contact sheets for you and exports a single jpeg for each page.

Know anyone with a thermal binder? That'd be a nice way to make it into a folder.

Is it a photographic degree? If so you might need a prettier solution than my thermal binder.

lightroom makes contact sheets for you and exports a single jpeg for each page.

Know anyone with a thermal binder? That'd be a nice way to make it into a folder.

Is it a photographic degree? If so you might need a prettier solution than my thermal binder.

Dang the one program I dont have on this machine yet... I guess I could download the trial though.

Its actually for an Illustration degree :nuts:

Binding shouldnt be a problem though I hope, I Live near plenty of places I can get that done - its more the printing I'm worried about at the moment.

cheers for your advice!

Dang the one program I dont have on this machine yet... I guess I could download the trial though.

Its actually for an Illustration degree :nuts:

Binding shouldnt be a problem though I hope, I Live near plenty of places I can get that done - its more the printing I'm worried about at the moment.

cheers for your advice!

Download a trail version of Lightroom (as you suggest). Contact sheets are a doddle.

if you wanna resize them all to something bigger than a thumbnail but still quite small and ftp them to my server I'll make an LRcat for them and make you some contact sheets.

Be a helluva lot easier if there was someone local though and you could do a direct dump.

if you wanna resize them all to something bigger than a thumbnail but still quite small and ftp them to my server I'll make an LRcat for them and make you some contact sheets.

Be a helluva lot easier if there was someone local though and you could do a direct dump.

Cheers very much for the offer David, but I'm sorting out my lack of Lightroom as we... well... I, type :D - I will of course get back to you when I get stuck :LOL:

Back