24-105 crop equivalent?

Edit My Images
No
To run alongside my '5D3 and which other?' thread, if I was to go with a 7D2, which lens would be the crop equivalent to a Canon 24-105 in both range and IQ?

Panamoz can't get an 18-85. About to be replaced? Quality control issues?

Strange no-ones mentioned the Canon 15-85 :D
As said int he other thread, got one for my son's 600D, very good walkabout lens for a crop.

WEX have three used 15-85's (one with original box), condition 9, for £341.

The 15-85 on a crop equals apr 24-136mm on full frame

Last edited:

Thanks, but I'm looking for new.

After finding that Panamoz have no stock and no ETA, I checked DigitalRev and they are showing it as 'discontinued'. Is it really?

I've tried checking with HDEW but their answer machine plays a message that tells me their opening hours and invites me to leave a message, yet they should be open right now.

Not my personal experience or those who have posted on here (i found the service stellar) who have actually used them, their Trustpilot and Feefo is also solid. Give them a call, they've been around for years.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions: appreciated! It's decision time and, much as I dislike US imports like Halloween and Black Friday, I'll see what happens to prices on 27 November and buy a 15-85 then, if they hit a low, or wait to see what happens with availability at the usual low-cost sources if not.

Thanks, but I'm looking for new.

After finding that Panamoz have no stock and no ETA, I checked DigitalRev and they are showing it as 'discontinued'. Is it really?

I've tried checking with HDEW but their answer machine plays a message that tells me their opening hours and invites me to leave a message, yet they should be open right now.

Can't be discontinued as WEX has them in stock
http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-canon-ef-s-15-85mm-f-3-5-5-6-is-usm-lens/p1033228
Even currys stock it
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/camera...81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=qqpxmxaq&istBid=t

I don't know whether it's discontinued or not. Panamoz can't get it and DigitalRev say discontinued. If Currys and WEX have stock then it could be the last units with no more once they are gone?

Why would Canon discontinue a very popular lens without a replacement? Saying something is discontinued might persuade someone to buy something else rather than wait for it to be in stock again?

Why would Canon discontinue a very popular lens without a replacement? Saying something is discontinued might persuade someone to buy something else rather than wait for it to be in stock again?

I don't know, I'm simply reporting what I'm finding and trying to get to the bottom of it.

Just to tidy things up, I've got a 7D2 + 15-85 kit coming from HDEW.

Black Friday deal, £1185 valid until midnight Monday.

With a VAT invoice.

Back