24-105 IS

Edit My Images
Yes
Had the chance today to pop a 24-105 IS on my poky little 1000D.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE it makes to my 18-55mm!

Once i worked out that even though you have AF, you still have a focus ring, i got taking some nice shots with it, and they shape up well to the 5D the lens lives on.

Just gotta save though, but new laptop comes first :(

Yeah, did seem good!

I took about 150-odd shots, and i know now why the bodies need to be bigger, the space between lens and camera handgrip was rather small!!

Yeah, did seem good!

I took about 150-odd shots, and i know now why the bodies need to be bigger, the space between lens and camera handgrip was rather small!!
You thought about a BG-E5 battery grip for your 1000D? It makes the world of difference when using heavier gear such as larger lenses or a flashgun (or both).

I had to get one on my 400D, 450D and now my 50D. It's a must and you'll wonder how you lived without it if you do decide to try one out.

But yes, I agree, the 24-105L rules but it barely gets used as I'm more of a wide-angle type of shooter.

:D I'm trying so hard to suppress this irresistible urge (financially unsupported though :crying:) to upgrade to this lens. Someone please tell me that it is not much better than my 17-85

Had the chance today to pop a 24-105 IS on my poky little 1000D.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE it makes to my 18-55mm!

Once i worked out that even though you have AF, you still have a focus ring, i got taking some nice shots with it, and they shape up well to the 5D the lens lives on.

Just gotta save though, but new laptop comes first :(

:D I'm trying so hard to suppress this irresistible urge (financially unsupported though :crying:) to upgrade to this lens. Someone please tell me that it is not much better than my 17-85

It's unbelievably better - get your wallet out:naughty:

Can't help suppress the urge I'm affraid. I made the change from 17-85 to 24-104 and love it.

Unfortunately at £800 it's an urge i can actually resist- the banks cant give me credit yet til im 18 so i'm safe til November!!

I almost can resist the urge, but I am left wondering whether there is an F2.8 equivalent?

24-70mm F2.8L of course... rumoured to be an IS version on it's way in the autumn IIRC... am hoping to pick up a 2nd hand bargain myself (y)

Back