24-70L or 35L

Edit My Images
No
hi i know these are very different, but i find the 35mm sometimes not the right zoom and in situations where i cannot move. You can see the other lens i have.

I cannot afford both, so was thinking the 24-70 would be more flexible. I have flash so the low light may not be so bad, but i do like the ambient light shots, but how often i need them seems less. Now that we have a kid, i think the pub and parties may be over for a while.

Input greatfully received.

Ps i know i seem to change my mind a lot, but thats life :)

Well, I guess it depends what you shoot. (Just for a change). I have a 24-70 and it's very rarely off the camera, though I shoot with a 5D, so obviously that's a bit different to your 40. When I get the cash, I'll almost certainly be buying a 35L to go along side it. That doesn't mean much to you though, because we're different photographers, using crop and 'full-frame' bodies, to shoot different things.

Hmm, maybe I should just go back to being quiet. :D

Jamie.

Crop format is the way to go, so get an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8. I did. Fab lens :)

Full frame is a nice idea, but the cost is astronomic and the kit heavy. And it won't be long before technology closes the quality gap on crop format to insignificant levels.

17-55 is not an option, will go FF soon.

Back