24-70mm f2,8

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
i am looking to buy a 24-70 for my FF canon body i cannot afford the Canon version its just a bit too expensive so ive narrowed it down to the Sigma ART or the Tamron G2 both have stabilization which will help me, ,y concerns are how good are they both ive only heard the Sigma isnt very sharp in the edges and the Tamron colours have issues strait from camera, I do only ever shoot RAW and process thru ACR prior to resizing in photoshop as my knowledge isnt great in PP, does ACR have lens correctios for these lens ?. My main use will be for landscape, walkaround and astro landscapes

Camera is 1dx2 so EF lens fit requ

Many thanks for your help and advice

Last edited:
I do only ever shoot RAW and process thru ACR prior to resizing in photoshop as my knowledge isnt great in PP, does ACR have lens correctios for these lens ?.
If go to ACR, Optics, profile, use profile correction and click the manual selection drop down you will see a big list of manufacturers, click on say 'Sigma" and you will get an even bigger list of actual lens profiles.

The list is huge and includes a lot of old manual focus lenses including some of the fifty plus year old Canon LTM screw mount lenses I have been using on my Leica.

If go to ACR, Optics, profile, use profile correction and click the manual selection drop down you will see a big list of manufacturers, click on say 'Sigma" and you will get an even bigger list of actual lens profiles.

The list is huge and includes a lot of old manual focus lenses including some of the fifty plus year old Canon LTM screw mount lenses I have been using on my Leica.
Thank you so much im not too clever with processing but its nice to know that there are profiles in there. Just need to make up my mind which lens to get

Back