24" x 20" Canvas - £19.99 Delivered

Looks interesting, they are c/o 7dayshop.com based in Guernsey so delivery may take a while

Graham - keep us informed of your new purchase please
thanks
Dave

Sounds good thus far. have nothing to print at mo, but would like to know what others think when they receive there orders..

Last edited:
Yup i'll post up some feedback when it get's here. By the way they say it normally gets sent next day, then 1-3 working days to deliver.

Got mine today and it is pretty good.

That's good news.... I suppose for that price you never know what you are going to get... off to order one myself now for my daughter as I took pics of her kitten yesterday. Uploading as we speak.... (y)

Hi Could someone help me please?

size quantity resolution
1+ ok optimum
12 x 12 £13.99 1800 x 1800 3600 x 3600
16 x 12 £14.99 2400 x 1800 4800 x 3600
16 x 16 £15.99 2400 x 2400 4800 x 4800
18 x 12 £17.99 2700 x 1800 5400 x 3600
20 x 16 £17.99 3000 x 2400 6000 x 4800
20 x 20 £19.99 3000 x 3000 6000 x 6000
24 x 16 £19.99 3600 x 2400 7200 x 4800
24 x 20 £19.99 3600 x 3000 7200 x 6000

I haven't registered on the site and I'm interested in a canvas. How do you get your resolution to the 'optimum' - I have no idea, could someone help me please. I use CS4.

Thanks.

Lisa

My 24x16 turned up today, very quick turnaround, quality is very,very good for the price.

JMO.

My 24x16 turned up today, very quick turnaround, quality is very,very good for the price.

JMO.

Nice one, Ade, can't wait to get mine now.... (y)

Hi Could someone help me please?

I haven't registered on the site and I'm interested in a canvas. How do you get your resolution to the 'optimum' - I have no idea, could someone help me please. I use CS4.

Thanks.

Lisa

Lisa, if you're still stuck after this, give me a shout....

Was about to order one, then realized they only offer the "wraparound" type, no good to me my tigers ears are too near the top of the image:D

Was about to order one, then realized they only offer the "wraparound" type, no good to me my tigers ears are too near the top of the image:D

You could put a plain border around the edge which would be the 'wraparound' (y)

Steve

I'm sure that obstacle could be overcome with a bit of judicious PP.... can you show us the image?

can I ask you folks that have have been happy with your canvasses what res you submitted for the sizes you ordered?

It's up in Crazyhorse's post what they recommend for OK and optimum.... I'd go for optimum myself. Well, I have done since I ordered one today, but maybe the people with them will chip in with their own info....

I'm sure that obstacle could be overcome with a bit of judicious PP.... can you show us the image?

This is the one, not PP finished-yet:D

Just tried adding border via canvas size, but cant match exactly the colour to use for the border, they do say not to upload images that have borders by the way

Last edited:
can I ask you folks that have have been happy with your canvasses what res you submitted for the sizes you ordered?

7200x4800 @ 24x16.

This one.

Motherandchild.jpg

Just tried adding border via canvas size, but cant match exactly the colour to use for the border, they do say not to upload images that have borders by the way

The aspect ratio of your image suggests you've already cropped somewhere (off the sides maybe?)... if you keep more of the original image you're further on the way to having enough wraparound. If you've no more at the top of the original then there's still plenty of background there to clone from. Remember that it really doesn't have to be perfect as, once it's hung on the wall, nobody EVER sees the bottom wraparound and hardly ever the top... and when they do see it it's at an acute angle which hides a lot of sins!

The aspect ratio of your image suggests you've already cropped somewhere (off the sides maybe?)... if you keep more of the original image you're further on the way to having enough wraparound. If you've no more at the top of the original then there's still plenty of background there to clone from. Remember that it really doesn't have to be perfect as, once it's hung on the wall, nobody EVER sees the bottom wraparound and hardly ever the top... and when they do see it it's at an acute angle which hides a lot of sins!

Thanks for that Keith, will dig out the original and then assess my options. Was going to use Oxford Image for the canvas, but cost comes in to it for me:D, they do offer the flat option.

What do you mean by flat? How can you have a flat canvas?

If it's upsized to the correct res for the canvas, I'd think you'd have plenty room there without doing anything at all.... easy enough to check in photoshop or other PP software anyway....

7200x4800 @ 24x16.

This one.

thanks fracster

I guess what I should have asked is what size the photo started out. I doubt many of here are shooting 7200 pixel files but at any normal viewing distance hopefully you don't see the upsizing.

any photos of the quality? :)

what is the frame like? does it have the expansion bars and how is the canvas attached? :D

thanks fracster

I guess what I should have asked is what size the photo started out. I doubt many of here are shooting 7200 pixel files but at any normal viewing distance hopefully you don't see the upsizing.

2700 x 1800@ 300ppi 2.46 MB. Upsized with fractals.

And no, i`m not taking a photo of a canvas for whoever asked.............:)

And no, i`m not taking a photo of a canvas for whoever asked.............:)

anyone else that wouldn't mind it'd be appreciated, mainly bothered about the *weave* and finish rather than a straight on product shot of ooh theres a canvas :)

Spend £20 and find out for sure Alex............;)

you reckon that'd work? i'm not too sure, sounds a bit advanced to me :)

Can some one tell me how much wrap round does these have or should i say how thick is the frame, cheaper versions are some where around 18mm thick...

Last edited:
Can some one tell me how much wrap round does these have or should i say how thick is the frame, cheaper versions are some where around 18mm thick...

I'll let you know when I get mine - I remember reading on the site when ordering that you lose 30mm all around, so I guess it depends how much is tucked around the back that determines the frame thickness.....

Well I have not seen a image yet than can not have some extra space added to it with the trusty old clone tool.

:naughty:

To be honest it will be on the edge and out of view so just add some space in pp

I might try these out tonight as I have a image I will be putting onto canvas.

Thanks for the heads up

MD(y)

Last edited:
;)

Hey guys just logged in " I even remembered my password:LOL:" I have had prints off these guys before and they are pretty good..

I am about to order a canvas now :wave: I will let you know my thoughts.

MD(y)

I might try these out tonight as I have a image I *** putting onto canvas.:

I've spent the last ten minutes trying to figure out what the asterisk' are for..... care to enlighten me, as I can't fill in the spaces? ;) :shrug:

I've spent the last ten minutes trying to figure out what the asterisk' are for..... care to enlighten me, as I can't fill in the spaces? ;) :shrug:

:LOL: I wrote it but have no idea.. So I have edited it now to make more sense...

(y)

Dave:wave:

lol You been on the vino, Dave? :D

*I'm guessing you have since you remembered your password*

lol You been on the vino, Dave? :D

*I'm guessing you have since you remembered your password*

;)

80% uploaded now.

What is the turn around like with these guys for a canvas :shrug:

Dave:wave:

Back