2nd Attempt at Cricket

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Was at a corporate cricket event (with a few ex England players joining in the fun) yesterday for only my 2nd ever go at photographing this sport, and wasn't the weather cr*p. The lighting was awful and I really had to crank up the ISO on some of them (They were playing until 6.30), especially as I wasn't using a particularly fast lens to begin with! Anyway, that's the excuses out of the way, here are the pics.

#1 - Bowler takes to the air

DSC02822.jpg

#2 - A look of concentration on the Batsman

DSC02867.jpg

#3 - Derek Randall still seems to have it at 57.He was knocking them about all over the place!

DSC02937.jpg

#4 - Taking the walk of shame

DSC03025.jpg

#5 - Owzat!! Shame I only got this from the back!

DSC03088.jpg

#6 - See #5!

DSC03132.jpg

#7 - Another bowler lets fly!

DSC03136.jpg

#8 - There's always one!

DSC03141.jpg

#9 - Good to see Chris Lewis spinning the ball.

DSC03187.jpg

#10 - I know the ball isn't in shot and half the bat is out of frame, but Devon Malcolm was thrashing everything in sight and I just wasn't quick enough!

DSC03424.jpg

Some very nice shots there(y)

What lens/body combo did you use? And how far were you from the action?

I was using a Sony A700 with the Sigma 50-500 (I said it wasn't a fast lens). I was just a couple of feet outside the boundary.

Thanks Christine. Unfortunately we don't seem to be blessed with good light any more in this country, so I'll have to invest in faster lenses. Anyone got any spare cash? :D

Actually, have to say that on here they appear a lot softer/noisier than the originals when viewed through Picassa. :thinking:

Nice set of images, as you said yourself. Some images are a bit soft... so a faster lens would've been great. (or some sunshine..*hehe*) But there are some really well times shots in the series..

Nice set of images, as you said yourself. Some images are a bit soft... so a faster lens would've been great. (or some sunshine..*hehe*) But there are some really well times shots in the series..

Cheers! (y)

Back