2nd Attempt - Studio - Matthew

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
Well yesterday was my second attempt in the studio with my friends little boy Matthew who's 11 months old.
He was such a sweetie and well behaved - Not always like that apparently!
So here they are...taken in DiddyDaves studio again!

Some 'safe' and some a little 'different'

Did I make a rod for my own back?

2173092012_8bd8e58c26.jpg

2172301515_a4819db72c.jpg

2172302563_c42f468730.jpg

2173094872_a191959e16.jpg

2173095832_7f0891cab6.jpg

2172305485_f5ab42377a.jpg

2172306615_2701410498.jpg

2173099200_dabe9a7775.jpg

2172308581_5c1c63e8a7.jpg

2172309661_1f38337930.jpg

7 and 10 are awesome, i really love the expression on his little face :)
You are getting really good at these so well done to you.

Whats happened to your exif data Adele?

i cant see one i dont like he looks such a character great set and im sure the mum will be so pleased with them

i cant see one i dont like he looks such a character great set and im sure the mum will be so pleased with them

Thanks! :) She has a few more than these 10 to look at too :LOL:

Great shots Del, 3 and 10 are my favs.

The lighting looks very good on the hair (y)

cool shots you got some grate expressions number 7 is my fav

7 and 10 are awesome, i really love the expression on his little face :)
You are getting really good at these so well done to you.

Thanks guys. (y)
No10 makes me chuckle it reminds me of "Jazz Hands" I quite like No 3 cos he looks cute - and no 2 cos he's giggling.

I like 3, 7 & 10, though I can't fault any of the others! Great shots. :)

4 has a strange quality I like too, strange pose, but quite funny.

Another great set Del

6 7 and 8 are my faves

I still think he looks like a young version of Bart Simpson's m8

Changed my mind Adele

7 rocks - should be blown up as one of your sig-shots

Others are okay too - but for this chap, we really needed a few shots above eye level - oh well

Roll on 3 (y)

:eek::eek::eek:

Wow DD!! Thanks :D
Obviously I wouldnt have got a shot like that without a good mentor! ;)
But....I think that is one that should definatley be printed off for my portfolio!

We cant have it all D!! I was happy with the shots I got.

Question is...how am I going to top this?! :thinking::eek:

you seem to have a seriously good knack for this kinda stuff :) Cant fault any of them! Love the range of expressions. (y)

DoF is better too

Upping it to 200 ISO and shooting wider/closer seems to have solved the problem of shoot 1

(y)

Yep I noticed that too.
For people who didnt read the first thread and are :thinking: why.

I was shooting at f8.0 at ISO 100 and his toes kept being OOF. So...to solve this we upped the ISO to 200 and increased to f11 - giving a greater DOF and no OOF Tootsies!

I like 3, 7 & 10, though I can't fault any of the others! Great shots. :)

4 has a strange quality I like too, strange pose, but quite funny.

Yep - a strange quality - :D I like that. :LOL:

err which ones lol...3, 6 and for for me, although in number 3 the colours in the shirt looks lighter :)

They've all had the same processing on them so unsure why colours should look lighter in one than in another.

Another great set Del

6 7 and 8 are my faves

I still think he looks like a young version of Bart Simpson's m8

:LOL: DF I can kinda see where you're coming from!

:eek::eek::eek:

Wow DD!! Thanks :D
Obviously I wouldnt have got a shot like that without a good mentor! ;)
But....I think that is one that should definatley be printed off for my portfolio!

We cant have it all D!! I was happy with the shots I got.

Question is...how am I going to top this?! :thinking::eek:

You top it dear by making every shoot full of images you'd want to add to your portfolio and wondering which to pick

You top it by shooting less images to get this quality

And you'll know when I think you've topped-it often enough when I let you in there alone!

Let's work on that Business model next then - (y)(y)(y)

these are brill, his eyes are soo large. a lot better than the pub ones(y) lucky you having dd so close!! well done

A great set of shots, the wee fella is brilliant in them!

They are awesome, A right little bundle of fun. :)
Made me laugh out loud. Number 3 for me.

For some reason this message from DD has only just shown up on my screen - but is in sync with where it should be?! LOL

You top it dear by making every shoot full of images you'd want to add to your portfolio and wondering which to pick
:LOL::LOL: Ok - I dont think I'm there - but Im finding it hard myself. How do the parents do it?! :thinking:

You top it by shooting less images to get this quality
Right - so shoot 1 was 131 - shoot 2 - was 60 :LOL:

And you'll know when I think you've topped-it often enough when I let you in there alone!

:eek: Now thats a scary thought!!

Let's work on that Business model next then - (y)(y)

Where Do I start? :shrug:

A great set of shots, the wee fella is brilliant in them!

Yeah - Hes a cutie alright!

I was wondering about the 'pub' ones too - what does that mean?

Published = nice

Down the pub = not so good!

DD

DD!! A studio Down the pub :thinking: Why dint I think of that?!:bonk:

wasn't it you who did a photoshoot thing above a pub with bout 20 people there? or am i getting confused?? probably me

Ahhhh No No that was me. :LOL:
This was a proper studio - Better set up - better lighting.
And DD also goes to that Camera Club :LOL:

Was a lot happier with these results tho! (y)

as you should be, these are loads better(y)

Fabulous stuff and great expressions. Mum will be chuffed to bits.

Lovely set Del.... loving 7 & 8 especially (y)

Good on DD as well for helping you out.

At the risk of getting flamed I'm going to buck the trend here. The subject is a little angel and the poses are great, you obviously have a good way with kids as he seems to be very relaxed but many of the images appear over exposed with blown highlights, particulalry on the face and they are also lacking a bit in contrast - possibly due to the overexposure. If you shot RAW I'm sure that these could be recovered quite easily in PP.

You must have some special knack if he was well behaved for you.

Great shots, I will not say they are all fantastic, because I don't think they are, mostly due to the model not looking in the right direction. Photographic technique looks great, you gonna do well in the game if thats what you intend to do. My favorite is number 8

Lovely set Del.... loving 7 & 8 especially (y)

Good on DD as well for helping you out.

Yeah - DD's been a real help (y):D Glad you liked the images.

At the risk of getting flamed I'm going to buck the trend here. The subject is a little angel and the poses are great, you obviously have a good way with kids as he seems to be very relaxed but many of the images appear over exposed with blown highlights, particulalry on the face and they are also lacking a bit in contrast - possibly due to the overexposure. If you shot RAW I'm sure that these could be recovered quite easily in PP.

You're not going to get flamed Hacker you are entitled to your opinion as much as the next person. The images that may have "blown highlights" could be due to the postprocessing effects that the "high key" postprocessing that have been applied to these images. Afterall you're seeing the final proof images - rather than ones straight from the camera. These On my screen are not "overly blown" and have more contrast than the origional images. I shot JPEG - I personally cannot feel the need in shooting RAW in these situations. But that is IMO.

Something went wrong then - back later

Something went wrong when? :shrug:

You must have some special knack if he was well behaved for you.

Great shots, I will not say they are all fantastic, because I don't think they are, mostly due to the model not looking in the right direction. Photographic technique looks great, you gonna do well in the game if thats what you intend to do. My favorite is number 8

I know they're not all fantastic - but to deliver a selection [there are 50+ in this set] to the parents it gives them a sense of feel for the day - even if they don't order the images - its part of what happened. Who says that every "great" image has to have the subject looking directly at the camera? Its only what we've become custom to which is good.
And thanks for the compliment - I have a few more to do to see if im "any good" :LOL:

Adele these are all great:D

Can't fault any of them.

Looks like you had a well behaved subject unlike the 2 little ones I was trying to work with over the christmas period:LOL:

Keep up the great work.

:D:LOL::LOL:
Sods law is - if they're not your kids they'll be little angels for you. Much to the parents asking "how did you get him to do that" ;)

I kind of agree with Colin about the blown highlights/lack of contrast.
For me rather than hi-key, the processing makes the shots look a bit insipid.
I also feel that the full body shots are cropped a bit tightly, he looks squeezed into the frame.

Having said that, I do agree that #7 is spot on.
Its all about the face, nice body angle filling some space behind ... and a fabulous expression!(y)
Im also quite partial to #8 but as DD says, #7 is your winner here!
All imho, of course. :)

Great work Adele. All well exposed and sharp. You have captured some great expressions of the little character.

Well done.

Back