2nd Camera Options

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I am considering a second camera to accompany my 5DMk3. Looking for something light as my L series lenses are becoming very difficult to carry. The Canon M6 took my interest as I could use my L series lenses with an adaptor, then save the hassle of changing lenses. Is the M6 the camera for me? Any thoughts or comments welcomed.

canon 200d is less than half the weight of a 5d mk3 and no adaptor needed

This don't think the 200d accepts EF lenses, only EF-S lenses.

It's the other way round, EF lenses will work on the 200D, however EF-S lenses won't work on full frame cameras I think.

A 200D is actually lighter than an M6+adapter too!

It's the other way round, EF lenses will work on the 200D, however EF-S lenses won't work on full frame cameras I think.

A 200D is actually lighter than an M6+adapter too!

Yes, you are right on the lens compatibility. Now you have me thinking.

Is the 200d a better camera?

L series lenses are becoming very difficult to carry. The Canon M6 took my interest as I could use my L series lenses with an adaptor

If the lenses' weight is the problem, switching to a lighter body and using the same lenses won't solve it...

Looking for something light as my L series lenses are becoming very difficult to carry. The Canon M6 took my interest as I could use my L series lenses with an adaptor, then save the hassle of changing lenses.

This doesn't compute.

If the L series glass is the issue then using it on another body will still have the same issues.

You are only saving 500g (about 1lb) 5D3 -> 200D

If you want light weight then you need to look at the whole package, and undoubtedly that means additional glass.

Back