2nd Camera..

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Was talking to the good lady in my life last night about looking for a 2nd body to keep a shorter lens on for when I'm out doing Sunday league.

She's said she has £100 to one side at the moment for my 30th in 9 Months time that I can use now to get myself a 2nd body if i want.

Going to be looking 2nd hand but just not sure what to look at. Main body is 7dmkii so would need Canon.

Would want a relatively high FPS rate..

Would a 40D be any good for having as a 2nd body to compliment this? (£94 on MPB at the moment)

Was talking to the good lady in my life last night about looking for a 2nd body to keep a shorter lens on for when I'm out doing Sunday league.

She's said she has £100 to one side at the moment for my 30th in 9 Months time that I can use now to get myself a 2nd body if i want.

Going to be looking 2nd hand but just not sure what to look at. Main body is 7dmkii so would need Canon.

Would want a relatively high FPS rate..

Would a 40D be any good for having as a 2nd body to compliment this? (£94 on MPB at the moment)

I used to shoot with a 40D and always liked it, certainly at <800ISO. Its max fps is 6.4 for 75 jpeg images or 17 RAW images. The only issue really is the light levels you're shooting in.

I’d agree re the 40d, though imho it produces better high iso files than the 7d mk1.

I still use a pair of 40D’s (1 owned from new and one purchased used a few years later) and have always been really pleased with them, perhaps slightly less so at higher ISO’s, but even so, I have found them well made and reliable.

Although, I am thinking about getting myself a 7D Mark II now, as after taking a break from photography I have been getting back into it again during the past year or so.

I ordered a 40D from MPB.. Sent it back 2 days later... it was slow to do anything when pressing the shutter!

I ordered a 40D from MPB.. Sent it back 2 days later... it was slow to do anything when pressing the shutter!
How do you mean slow? I still have an old 30d I use for walkabout or when it's going to get dirty. Ok the frame rate isn't blistering fast but it's not bad, and the shutter is instant when I press. I would expect the 40d to be at least as good.

How do you mean slow? I still have an old 30d I use for walkabout or when it's going to get dirty. Ok the frame rate isn't blistering fast but it's not bad, and the shutter is instant when I press. I would expect the 40d to be at least as good.

Pressed the shutter, there was a lag of about 10-20 seconds before it took a photo.

Tried it in different scenarios and in manual focus and it was the same.

Back