2nd Wedding

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm not a pro,don't charge money,just do it for fun for friends when they can't be bothered with a photographer!
This couple were going to just get everyone to send them pics via Facebook from phones!
So I volunteered to take a few pics for them!
Always trying to improve so constructive cc most welcome!
Sorry about the first and last pics no people but didn't know where else to put them(mods please move if in the wrong place)!

Dovecliff Hall by cotty332000, on Flickr

Confetti by cotty332000, on Flickr

The I pad by cotty332000, on Flickr

The Bride by cotty332000, on Flickr

Back lit wedding dance floor by cotty332000, on Flickr

The Party Continues by cotty332000, on Flickr

As you can probably see from these I think I'm a probably a better landscape photographer than wedding photographer!

Last edited:
Okay, hope this counts as constructive c&c:-

#1 Doesn't really do much for me. Too much sky, not enough house, or width.
#2 Not too bad, shame about the guys hand coming in from the right
#3 Creative shot, would have liked it framed slightly more to the right to get the groom in frame
#4 My god man, you've chopped her head off!! Seriously, if the point of interest is the bouquet, then fill the frame with it and don't include the brides shoulders and neck.
#5 A few people dancing in the dark. It could do with some straightening (see those verticals?). The light in the middle spoils it.
#6 Quite like this one, well framed but could probably benefit from some distortion correciton.

FWIW, looking at these purely from the POV of a retired wedding photographer ...

#1 You looked at too many variants of this currently-fashionable shot on wedding photographers' sites ;)

#2 A good attempt at a shot which isn't actually as easy as many folk think, and it's not your fault that the groom felt he had to lead the way

#3 And again, another good stab at one which looks far more straightforward than it is. Sure, you could have got a bit better angle, but you could also have missed the shot altogether ...

#4 Your problem here (apart from the grey dress) is that most brides looking at that will immediately notice (a) the bra strap and (b) the apparent width of her hips. The first problem's down to the bride and the second one's down to your viewpoint being too high.

#5 Sorry, but that's just a snap of a bunch of people in a dark room with a light in the background. Nothing says "wedding" (or even, come to that, "dancing"!).

#6 I reckon that'd be a bit stronger if you keep the aspect ratio but crop it so you lose those two windows on the left and the corresponding amount of sky.

HTH a bit :)

Okay, hope this counts as constructive c&c:-

#1 Doesn't really do much for me. Too much sky, not enough house, or width.
#2 Not too bad, shame about the guys hand coming in from the right
#3 Creative shot, would have liked it framed slightly more to the right to get the groom in frame
#4 My god man, you've chopped her head off!! Seriously, if the point of interest is the bouquet, then fill the frame with it and don't include the brides shoulders and neck.
#5 A few people dancing in the dark. It could do with some straightening (see those verticals?). The light in the middle spoils it.
#6 Quite like this one, well framed but could probably benefit from some distortion correciton.

Thanks Darren,comments appreciated.

FWIW, looking at these purely from the POV of a retired wedding photographer ...

#1 You looked at too many variants of this currently-fashionable shot on wedding photographers' sites ;)

#2 A good attempt at a shot which isn't actually as easy as many folk think, and it's not your fault that the groom felt he had to lead the way

#3 And again, another good stab at one which looks far more straightforward than it is. Sure, you could have got a bit better angle, but you could also have missed the shot altogether ...

#4 Your problem here (apart from the grey dress) is that most brides looking at that will immediately notice (a) the bra strap and (b) the apparent width of her hips. The first problem's down to the bride and the second one's down to your viewpoint being too high.

#5 Sorry, but that's just a snap of a bunch of people in a dark room with a light in the background. Nothing says "wedding" (or even, come to that, "dancing"!).

#6 I reckon that'd be a bit stronger if you keep the aspect ratio but crop it so you lose those two windows on the left and the corresponding amount of sky.

HTH a bit :)

Thanks Dan,nice to get some feedback from an experienced wedding photographer!:)
#1 you hit the nail on the head there!:help:

You've had the feedback from the pros, which I think is justified, but bearing in mind the other option is a load of phone shots in this case I think the B&G should be more than happy with your shots, assuming you took a few other ones, and should think of it as a nice wedding gift from you. I'm pretty sure they will get the phone shots too as thats what people do anyway and there may well be enough good ones amongst them to put a half decent (taken by amateurs) album together.

You've had the feedback from the pros, which I think is justified, but bearing in mind the other option is a load of phone shots in this case I think the B&G should be more than happy with your shots, assuming you took a few other ones, and should think of it as a nice wedding gift from you. I'm pretty sure they will get the phone shots too as thats what people do anyway and there may well be enough good ones amongst them to put a half decent (taken by amateurs) album together.

Thanks for commenting!
Yes I took quite a lot more,not gone through them all yet,but there should be at least a few half decent shots!

I love the first. I'd crop it so you can just see the chimney's though. Then you'll be very "in"

The second and third are ok for what they are but I'd change the title of the fourth picture. If it's supposed to be "the bride" it would be handy if she had a head. As it is I'd crop it closer to the flowers and call it "bouquet"

The fifth picture says "I know how to trigger a flash off camera". But nothing else sadly.

The sixth picture is nice but see paragraph one above.

Last edited:
I love the first. I'd crop it so you can just see the chimney's though. Then you'll be very "in"

The second and third are ok for what they are but I'd change the title of the fourth picture. If it's supposed to be "the bride" it would be handy if she had a head. As it is I'd crop it closer to the flowers and call it "bouquet"

The fifth picture says "I know how to trigger a flash off camera". But nothing else sadly.

The sixth picture is nice but see paragraph one above.

Thanks for the comments!
Much appreciated.

Back